looking for permission

Will 1994

hello guys

Me and my friend have been looking for permission for a while now , so i just thought i would put this thread up , we have had our sgc about 3 months and have shot for much longer . both insured !! we are both 17 please dont let the age put you off :(

thanks will and sam

Edited by Will 1994

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hello guys

Me and my friend have been looking for permission for a while now , so i just thought i would put this thread up , we have had our sgc about 3 months and have shot for much longer . both insured !! we are both 17 please dont let the age put you off :(

thanks will and sam

Permission for what? at 18 you can apply to become a full member of DEE Wildfowlers after the training and probation period

• 2 weeks later...
:shoot::rolleyes: :rolleyes: good job my shooting buddy owns his own fishery and land otherwise i would have no permissions on the wirral,,,,bi9johnny you must have one mate or is it cos ya aint looked Edited by evo

:shoot::rolleyes: :rolleyes: good job my shooting buddy owns his own fishery and land otherwise i would have no permissions on the wirral,,,,bi9johnny you must have one mate or is it cos ya aint looked

top secret if i told you i would have to kill you.....even if i take anyone they have to agree to be bound and blindfolded on the journey there...unfortunately some people see it as adult entertainment and are expecting more :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good luck in your search, being 18 I have been turned down for permission a fair few times becuase of my age dispite being insured having a few years experience. I'd understand if an uninsured newbie with a fresh out the envelope cert was asking, but to deny people just on an age basis is a bit harsh.

How do you know its because of your age. Surely the farmer doesnt say you are not shooting my pigeons as youre only 18. :lol:

How do you know its because of your age. Surely the farmer doesnt say you are not shooting my pigeons as youre only 18. :lol:

'It says you're only 18 on your certificate, have you got much experience?'(accompanied by the slight head tilt and patronising look). Even after protesting I had experience and was a safe shot and subsequently being turned away without a real explaination. I got the impression it was my age ask I can't find another reason apart from other shooters alrady present. After this situation repeating its self a few times I was confident it wasn't too many shooters. Ah well, I have some permission now :lol::good:

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Won't your friend take you out with him?

Keep an eye on the fields, and when you see birds hitting the crops, knock on the farmers door and ask if he'd like you to shoot them off for the day rather than asking for full permision to shoot whenever you like. You are more likely to get a pass to shoot for the day if the birds are on his crops.

If you do get a day pass, let the farmer know at the end of it how many you've shot, thank him and just say you'll keep an eye out and if you see birds on his crops you'll let him know. He may offer you more shooting, but even if he doesn't you have one foot in the door.

Remember to always follow his rules, only shoot what you have permision to shoot no matter how tempting, and always clear up after yourself picking up any empty shells and shot birds.

Keep trying, don't give up, persistence does pay off in the end.

Cos