Acquired a jill

Leicpigeon1990

Hey all just thought I would share my new pet/worker. I was out ferreting with finnerz89 on the Missis parents land afew at the begining of Jan. Her mum pointed out a rat hole under the enterance to one of the staples, alittle bit of lamping I thought to my self. That would have to wait awhile though due to other things coming first.

The mornings ferreting was going well with the first rabbit coming out in minutes of the Jill going down, then another, then she disappeared for awhile so it wad cuppa time. Shortly after this out she popped, off we wondered to other holes, with afew escapes later we ended the day with 5. Not the biggest bag but it was a good morning with a cousion I don't see that much, so was a very good day indeed. After joking with the missis saying ill have some of the kits this year and that idea getting fround upon, I thought no more of it.

The other day the missis was over the field and I recived a call saying she had week a ferret in the barn amongst the hay, I thought she was seeing things. Then her mum seen it later that day going in the said rat hole! I contacted a mate who I knew had a live squirrel trap, he did so this was placed with a dead pigeon in a walkway near the stables, two days layer I had a small Jill, over the moon I had trapped it.

She is a cracking little ferret upto now and handles well and feeding well. I think I have found two ticks on her so I will remove these tomorrow now I have done research on how to. Looking forwards to working her with family this winter, and seeing how she develops. Think it must have come from someone working her and she has either laid up or wandered off and now found a home with me.

Sorry about the long write up just thought I would share the tale.

Thanks chris

Yh that's one thing I'm ordering before the season starts again. Any advice on which one to get?

Am not 100% but i think mine was made by Deben not sure of the model, its about 10 years ago since i had ferrets though. Am sure someone on here can point you in the right direction. PM me your address i have a book on ferrets i can post to you, gives you a bit of info on how to treat illness and that and general care. :good: