Night vision

12borejimbo

Thinking of getting an NV monocular, for scanning an area looking for rabbits/ foxes and general nightwork. I also would like to put it on the back of my Schmidt to shoot lampshy foxes with when I have called them in. I dont want something expensive, has anyone got anything the would reccommend, I would like to spend £200-£250 MAX!!!

Thank you.

Thinking of getting an NV monocular, for scanning an area looking for rabbits/ foxes and general nightwork. I also would like to put it on the back of my Schmidt to shoot lampshy foxes with when I have called them in. I dont want something expensive, has anyone got anything the would reccommend, I would like to spend £200-£250 MAX!!! Thank you.

Good luck with your search :lol:

sadly you get what you pay for with night vision low power units you generally see next to nothing useful. You need a decent IR source or you don't get any eye reflection which means its hard to spot rabbits etc. You can bodge some of the cheaper units with a lightforce with IR filter on but you end up with large batteries and a pretty cumbersome setup and might as well just go lamping. I've an archer on mine and its brilliant but it wasn't quite in budget :oops:

Yeah I did think that, I can spend more money, but I thought I would ask as I have no experience of NV and this is something I want to get into.

Well you can go from a D3MK (on the right) second hand for around £120 + lazer to the archer on the left new for £2000 (grade c) including lazer all depends what you want/need. The furthest rabbit Ive shot with the D3MK was 80 yards on my 22lr and 220 yards with the archer on my 243.

P2233095.jpg

James I do believe your S&B is the same as mine without the parallax adjustment,which is needed for a NV add-on!

Its all good Mark, I have bought an NV monocular with a parallax front! Just need to find some kind of mount for it so I can change the AO on it when its mounted! If not, all I was planning to do was use my NV to get it in range, stick the lamp over it with a red filter, just need 2 seconds to aim and squeeze!

:oops:

hahahaha. :good::lol: :lol: