gloves

kev56

try ebay for Golf gloves, you can get top quality fine cabretta leather gloves in singles left & right hand for as little as £5 per glove, I bought 3 pairs for £20 a while back, most colours are white but there are black ones to be got too, you can pay a little more for top branded names like Mizuno etc. :good:

I use a set of these in olive for both shotgun and when stalking so they get a fair bit of stick! they are handy as they have standard gloves that can be covered by a mitten type bit if you are standing around getting cold, also they have the usual trigger finger slit and magnet bottons to keep the mitt/thumb sections out of the way when not in use...

http://www.surplusandadventure.com/shop/clothing/gloves-scarves/jack-pyke-hunters-mitten-in-english-521133.html

Regards,

Edited by gixer1

I need a new pair of gloves for shooting ( shotgun) anyone recommend a good make/ type without paying silly money.

Hello Kev,

I use a pair of golf gloves which are a very soft thight fitting cabretta leather for clays summer and winter as i tend to get sweaty hands.I did not bother with Ebay as they tend to sell them left/or right only so i went to a good golf shop and managed to by as a pair left and right. They are called FJ FOOTJOY Wheathersof. Last pair i bought was about 3 years ago and still going strong. If i remember right i paid £16 for the pair and came in all black or dark blue colour.

I suggest that you try them on in a golf shop first to see the feel of them. I found them to be very good as a second skin and did not cut the trigger finger off like some might do.

Hope this helps.

Ps. Not really anygood for cold or pigeon shooting.

Regards

Maltese Falcon

Hello Kev,

I use a pair of golf gloves which are a very soft thight fitting cabretta leather for clays summer and winter as i tend to get sweaty hands.I did not bother with Ebay as they tend to sell them left/or right only so i went to a good golf shop and managed to by as a pair left and right. They are called FJ FOOTJOY Wheathersof. Last pair i bought was about 3 years ago and still going strong. If i remember right i paid £16 for the pair and came in all black or dark blue colour.

I suggest that you try them on in a golf shop first to see the feel of them. I found them to be very good as a second skin and did not cut the trigger finger off like some might do.

Hope this helps.

Ps. Not really anygood for cold or pigeon shooting.

Regards

Maltese Falcon

Thanks for that i didn't think of them, i have one at least somewhere, will prob. use them. The last couple of times i've been out though my fingers were numb with the cold, but it's getting milder now but want to be prepared for the next cold weather.

I use a set of these in olive for both shotgun and when stalking so they get a fair bit of stick! they are handy as they have standard gloves that can be covered by a mitten type bit if you are standing around getting cold, also they have the usual trigger finger slit and magnet bottons to keep the mitt/thumb sections out of the way when not in use...

http://www.surplusandadventure.com/shop/clothing/gloves-scarves/jack-pyke-hunters-mitten-in-english-521133.html

Regards,

they look the business thanks.

I use a thin pair of Geo Logic Dak Grass camo gloves and a pair of sealskins as as extra outer when cold , warm as toastie, and a zippo hand warmer slipped in for those real extra cold days.

The Geo Logics I bought from a Decathlon sports store while on one of my trips en-France :).

They have some cool gear in those big superstores at good prices too.

As you guess, the French are well into their weekend hunting shooting , so offer lots of good gear easily available, and that includes some ammo there too.

No good to you there i know, but google might help or a friend going on hols could help out.

piccies :

glovesandthings020.jpg

glovesandthings026.jpg

Edited by mrwabbits

I can comment also that these LINK are to be avoided, they are comfortable but are nowhere near robust enough for stalking where you will be crawling through grass and on stone walls, mine fell apart in one season so i went back and exchanged them at my local shop and the stiching has split at the seams, stick to the Jack Pyke bad boys... :good:

Edited by gixer1

There are some new Musto waterproof clay specific gloves out. not cheap but mates just bought some and rates them. He has a glove fetish so if he says they are good then they must be.

If of interest I will ask him for the link / details. Think they were about £40 ish

I can comment also that these LINK are to be avoided, they are comfortable but are nowhere near robust enough for stalking where you will be crawling through grass and on stone walls, mine fell apart in one season so i went back and exchanged them at my local shop and the stiching has split at the seams, stick to the Jack Pyke bad boys... :good:

:stupid: :stupid:

I use Macwet, but they aren't cheap. Having said that, they offer a REALLY good grip, even when wet, and they dry out quickly. Not the warmest, but do the trick for me, don't think they would stand the rigours of game shooting/stone walls etc for long, though. Just make sure you get the size right as they won't exchange...