cartridge prices

hitclays

I am sick of cartridge prices going up.

Can anybody who uses Express,Eley or Gamebore let me know what they pay? why such differences throughout Britan?

I am going to beat all prices (i supply shooters at my shoots with cartridges at cost and have done for 4 years).

come on guys name and shame,

Edited by hitclays

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't really comment on current cartridge prices,haven't bought any for ages :oops:

The last lot I bought was at auction in November,Super Comps for £160 per thou,but the thing that makes me laugh is this "We only make a fiver a thou"....Really :hmm: :yp: :lol: :lol:

I certainly couldn't be bothered to unload & stack pallet loads of shells IF there really is that little profit in it for the retailer and not to mention the amount of floor space they take up :yes:

And then you get more BS from Gun Shop owners saying things like "We stock cartridges knowing that people have to come in to buy them,we don't make anything on them but people generally buy other items from the shop whilst they're here" :hmm:

So cartridges have now become a "Loss Leader" :lol: :lol:

Perhaps we should have a Poll..."How much do you think cartridges will be this time next year ?"

Azzurri

I certainly couldn't be bothered to unload & stack pallet loads of shells IF there really is that little profit in it for the retailer and not to mention the amount of floor space they take up :yes:

And then you get more BS from Gun Shop owners saying things like "We stock cartridges knowing that people have to come in to buy them,we don't make anything on them but people generally buy other items from the shop whilst they're here" :hmm:

its completely true mate! 10 pounds a thousand if your lucky! they are a waste of time but you have to have them if you are going to call yourself a "gunshop"!

its completely true mate! 10 pounds a thousand if your lucky! they are a waste of time but you have to have them if you are going to call yourself a "gunshop"!

WHAT A LOAD OF @#@#@# and the rest... i have spoken to nearly all the manufactures/distributers today and cant believe the mark up there can be in shops, after the tails of woe they keep telling us.Its getting hard to trust them

hitclays i have a gunshop i sell cartridges and i have not got any alterior motive in miss informing you as you are not in my area, on cheap clay cartridges you make £10 per thousand, on game carts you might make 10% thats it! the only people who make more are the manufacturers, the people that import cheap foriegn rubbish and the people in really posh areas who can charge what they want due to their clientelle.

either way you have to order 28k at a time to get enough discount to be competitive and you have to store them all etc! as i said they are business wise a waste of time but you have to have them!

I'm taking an interest in this as i am running low last i bought were eley firsts at £37 a slab IIRC 28g and £35 for 21g plast (might have been £39-37 cant remember) asked about some more and was told they had gone up, but they were trying to order 100k to keep prices down.

WHAT A LOAD OF @#@#@# and the rest... i have spoken to nearly all the manufactures/distributers today and cant believe the mark up there can be in shops, after the tails of woe they keep telling us.Its getting hard to trust them

Come on Alan, spill the beans - we all want to know what the real mark-up is on cartridges...! :lol:

My local shop is doing the new hull superfast at £148 1000 for 27gram plastic wad. and just a little more for 29gram 6s

Yes that is about par for the course. Greenfields members price is only a couple of quid more. However I think I have now

purchased all their remaining stock of the 27g Super Fast.