hitclays

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats with the new 27g and 29g?wasnt 28g enough?:shaun:

The Hull Super Fast saga has been quite a topic of conversation here:

196222-hull-super-fast-cartridges

There are a couple more threads, apparently Hull are getting rid of obsolete components at a reduced price. Certainly the dealers are

of the view that once current stock has gone, that will be it.

HitClays, What will you have available? The three in my car are looking at buying when we get there rather than lug them up, and if, as you say, they are cost, we'll buy plenty.

AB

I was thinking the same as you, can always bring my ifor box trailer with me in a couple of weekends but might be a bit overkill. Think i will just keep the boot empty :good:

I've just been ringing around my local'ish area today and got the following prices for 1000 12 bore, 7.5's, 28gm, 2 3/4", fibre wads:

Garlands

Fiocchi - £164

XLR - £190

Blue Diamond - £206

Countryman of Derby

Eley First - £156

Express Sport - £169

Hull Comp - £169

North Wales Shooting School

Eley First - £159

Field & Stream, Asbourne

Fiochhi - £169

English Sporter - £177

G Bates Stafford

Express £156

Doveridge Clay Ground

Hull - £170

Pets & Pastimes, Stoke

Express £178

West Mids Shooting School

Hull - £175

Express - £176

If you can supply them cheaper to my door I'm very interested!! Please let me know asap :good:

That's the thing I dont get, most grounds have a limit of 28g max, so what's the point in a target load 29 ?

I thought 29g was the quarry load and 27g the target load?

Ian Coley Gunshop has a useful price comparison chart against one of the online cartridge sellers See it here

Eley first lite plastic at £139 a thou is a pretty good price but the rest isnt the best

Edited by HDAV

Both a bit pricey.

Not sure any gunshop or shooting ground will ever please any shooter on cartridge prices.

Many of the arguements have already been given by some on this forum for why gunshops charge what they do. Everyone has to make a business profitable and gunshops are no different, equally you need to also look at gunshops or shooting schools that put something back into the sport too. It is very hard to judge apples with apples at some stages.

Terry Hale at Cross Gun Club, Kinver will take some beating on prices.

:good: :good: :good:

So true I explained his pricing to my local shoot and they said "it must be VAT fraud" great prices on Legia spray too! I must pop up and see my folks, running low on carts!

Salopian, on 28 February 2012 - 08:48 PM, said:

Terry Hale at Cross Gun Club, Kinver will take some beating on prices.

HDAV said,

So true I explained his pricing to my local shoot and they said "it must be VAT fraud" great prices on Legia spray too! I must pop up and see my folks, running low on carts!

Your local shoot must be real numpties for even thinking about uttering such a remark.

Terry is a smart business man who realises that you can make a good living if you work hard and provide a service.

He can afford to sell cartridges at good prices because he has by design, low overheads, large stocks, and he's not afraid to buy large quantities of overruns that cartridge companies want to off load.

I don't know, but I would like to bet that he currently has in stock vast quantities of game loads in 4's 5's & 6's that are totally useless to anyone until next October. But he'll buy them and move them.

Given the old saying of your pays your money and takes you choice, and given that there is only a couple of quid between the cheaper brands/models...what would you go with and why? Basically - which is the best of the cheaper brands/models?

Eley

Hull

Express

Gamebore

Kent

Fiocchi

???????????????

Guest cookoff013

personally, i dont think there's a gunshop out there that isnt a bunch of robbing fuxkers.

thats why i try to avoid them completely when it comes to buying cartridges.

one time i tried to buy some game shells in cambridge price was £400 / k. yep, £10 a box. now tell me there isnt any proffit on that. i worked it out, for that price i can actually load virgin cases, new unused primers, unused powder, brand new unfired wads, and new shot, for £100 less at least. it wernt even a super premium load. just a 32g #5.

they could knock off a couple a quid if i ordered more !

instead of getting shafted by that gunshop, i was getting shafted by the courier and powder company.

£400 per 1000 !

Your local shoot must be real numpties for even thinking about uttering such a remark.

They were nervous about ordering 30k shells and its worse now they have chopped and changed suppliers several times and prices are better at local shops (possibly where they are buying them)

COnsidering they were have a full load of clays every 6 weeks seems odd they wouldn't order carts and when they did would run out of 21g for example and not order more till they were out of everything!

PS do you shoot at cross often?

one time i tried to buy some game shells in cambridge price was £400 / k. yep, £10 a box. now tell me there isnt any proffit on that. i worked it out, for that price i can actually load virgin cases, new unused primers, unused powder, brand new unfired wads, and new shot, for £100 less at least. it wernt even a super premium load. just a 32g #5.

they could knock off a couple a quid if i ordered more !

instead of getting shafted by that gunshop, i was getting shafted by the courier and powder company.

£400 per 1000 !

How much could you save using fired primers, second-hand powder, wads and shot?

Edited by HDAV

Guest cookoff013

How much could you save using fired primers, second-hand powder, wads and shot?

very little my friend, i`d also be expecting no performance ! :P

Edited by cookoff013

I am sick of cartridge prices going up.

Can anybody who uses Express,Eley or Gamebore let me know what they pay? why such differences throughout Britan?

I am going to beat all prices (i supply shooters at my shoots with cartridges at cost and have done for 4 years).

come on guys name and shame,

Are you still going to beat all prices? I need some clay rounds...