Went fishing this morning

reddeer 40

Went fishing this morning on a private water, owned by a good friend. Normally i go for carp there, but last week he lost 3 big carps (19.1, 19.5 & 20.2kg). Untill he knows the reason we are not allowed to fish for them. So I fished a bit for smaller fish & had some good action al day. As I know there is catfish in the pound I asked him if I could give it a try. It was no problem and I changed a rod from boilie into live bait. As bait I used a big roach of 35cm, hooked it through the back and let it swim in the middle of the water. After an hour we noticed the panic of the fish and saw him taken by a huge fish. I waited 20 seconds and placed the hook. After a drill of 35 minutes he was ready for the net, a nice catfish of 153 cm and 26 kgs. My biggest catch ever. Had another on for a few minutes but lost it. Will try again next month!

post-791-1151617359.jpg

Went fishing this morning on a private water, owned by a good friend. Normally i go for carp there, but last week he lost 3 big carps (19.1, 19.5 & 20.2kg). Untill he knows the reason we are not allowed to fish for them. So I fished a bit for smaller fish & had some good action al day. As I know there is catfish in the pound I asked him if I could give it a try. It was no problem and I changed a rod from boilie into live bait. As bait I used a big roach of 35cm, hooked it through the back and let it swim in the middle of the water. After an hour we noticed the panic of the fish and saw him taken by a huge fish. I waited 20 seconds and placed the hook. After a drill of 35 minutes he was ready for the net, a nice catfish of 153 cm and 26 kgs. My biggest catch ever. Had another on for a few minutes but lost it. Will try again next month!

That is a nice catfish, well done. :good:

Nice cat red :lol: You eat it?

I have never caught a Wels (European) Catfish, but its high on my "must do" list.

Cranfield, some good pits in the Herts/ nth of londinium area with very big cats.

You can buy a ticket but they are a hard catch.

LB

Sorry mate i'm not one of those who agree with importing fish & stocking ponds/lakes with them because they push you scales to the limit. We had plenty of native species that were/are a challange & a plesure to catch.

Fishery down the road put Catfish in, said it was to eat all the Crayfish. What a load of Bull cocks.

When they finnish with the Crayfish what do they eat. Just look at the size of that Catfish whats that been eating.

Heading down the same road as Crayfish, Bullfrogs, Rabbits, Squirrels to name a few. They were best left alone. If you want to catch them go to them dont bring it all to us. We dont all want them. IMHO :good::lol:

Edit : sorry didnt see that you weren't from the UK

PELT MAN