Some foxes

reddeer 40

Went last week to the Ardennes to help some friends with builing high seats. Building the high seats was hard work but fun. Found the time for a morning & evening stalk. Started in the morning at 05:00, went on foot and while checking the first open space i noticed a fox chasing for mice. Had all the time of the world as I had good wind and the fox was always facing the other direction. Putted myself down in the gras, opened the bipod and searched the fox in the riflescope. distance was 140m. Put the croshair on his chest and pulled the trigger. Only saw a big flame coming out of the barrel as it was still a bit dark. Waited for a few moments and went to search for the fox. Couldn't find it, and as I didn't heared the impact of the bullet I thought I missed the fox. Decided to check the rifle later that day. Went on with my stalk and saw a few roe but no foxes anymore. So a few hours later I checked the rifle on the same distance, 140m. Fired 3 bullets and they were perfect, groupement of 3cm, right on the spot. So nothing wrong with the rifle, it must be my fault I missed the fox. During daytime we worked on the highseats. So at evening i went again for some stalking, and after an hour I noticed a young fox on freshly mowed gras. Distance 180m, didn't try to get closer as I was in the edge of the wood, placed myself good and took the shot. The fox dropped on the spot.

After this I started to think again of the fox I missed that morning. It was almost impossible. So I decided to check again the field, as I was busy going up and down the field a friend passed there and decided to help me with searching. And yes, I found the fox, but 60m away from where I thought I shot him. Perfect shot, so I think I was bad orientated that morning. Anyway, another 2 are gone.

Picture 1 is the young dog fox

Picture 2 is the dog fox I couldn't find.

post-791-1151620572.jpg

post-791-1151620593.jpg