Hare day

Gadge-it

Why is it a sad sight? Theres obviously a high number of hares in the area and must be causing a hell of a lot of damage to crops etc.

Ben

Thats right someone who no,s what there talking about :good: cheers fella

slaughter :angry:

andrew

CROP DAMAGE does that that ring a bell you no what pigeons do rabbits do :hmm:

In my view something to keep to one's friends and not post. For those who see few hares its sad. As always for those who shoot in the flat lands its not unusual - what percentage of shooters or the general public live in the flat lands and really understand???

Best not posted in my view.

If it was a pic of rabbits nobody would care less but hares seem to be held on some sort of pedestal by some. There is obviously a sustainable population on that ground to be able to shoot those numbers.

Im sure that the local landowners dont mind an annual cull of Lepus to keep the population in check.

Why is it a sad sight? Theres obviously a high number of hares in the area and must be causing a hell of a lot of damage to crops etc.

Ben

What crops ? A hares staple is young grass shoots...admittedly they do take cereal crops but are recognised as a minor agricultural pest in most areas.

Its an immotive one this as Haress are in decline nationally and alarmingly so due to intensive farming primarily and also to ineffective predator control.

If there are only 1000 hares left in England but 95% of them were in Northumberland would you still shoot them ?

Im not saying its wrong but I think the OP knew he would be stirring up a hornets nest by posting up the picture.

Personally i think there is little skill or sport involved in Hare shooting.. you can get close enough to pick them up most of the time. so I dont bother...each to his own though...

4 hares can eat as much as one sheep in a night!! plus the lucher boys and ####s start coming on the land and then items start going missing etc.

Well done mate, a good bag and some good sport!!

Really? I would be very surprised if that us correct, where did you get that info?

Not many hares around here any more, would like to see some more especially over the next few weeks, but clearly plenty in other places.

What crops ? A hares staple is young grass shoots...admittedly they do take cereal crops but are recognised as a minor agricultural pest in most areas.

Its an immotive one this as Haress are in decline nationally and alarmingly so due to intensive farming primarily and also to ineffective predator control.

If there are only 1000 hares left in England but 95% of them were in Northumberland would you still shoot them ?

Im not saying its wrong but I think the OP knew he would be stirring up a hornets nest by posting up the picture.

Personally i think there is little skill or sport involved in Hare shooting.. you can get close enough to pick them up most of the time. so I dont bother...each to his own though...

You don't know that much about hares do you now- Try planting new trees and ground cover (important for the new Biodevercity catchword) Hares will reck them. I like hares but i also shoot them were required, indeed i have visited this area and its lifting with them.

Something these scientist don't know is leave Hares alone and breeding sucess reduces. You just dont see many half growns were there are but a few hares - because older animals are less sucessful breeders yet hold areas from younger ones. First thing i should do on a lot of this land were nobody shoots hares as "there are only a few" is shoot as many big ones as you can in a control area then watch the numbers build over the next two to three years.

I have visited this area of the country and there realy are stacks of Hares there BTW- strange as they shoot them and have coursing men traveling from all over to go after them- been that way for years :good:

I dont like the photo though neither do i like to see the same with woodies, rabbits etc

They take young cabbage plants and other greens like kale etc I've seen young cabbages planted as fast as they was planted hated jut chew them of totaly distroying a young plant big money for the farmers

I've seen young cabbages planted and fast as they were planted hares chew them off big money for farmers