Entered my first skeet shoot.

Gee.

Hi guys,

Im after some tips/advice for shooting English Skeet.

Ive entered into my first club shoot this Sunday and was wondering if anyone has any tips for a novice when it comes to skeet?

I have shot approx 10 rounds on my own before but never shot with company let alone in a 'semi-serious' way. My lowest score has been 19 and my highest 24 (chasing that straight lol).

Have been using 28grm 9's and the guns choked cyl and skt.

Any help would be welcome guys so I dont look a complete tit on the day. :blush:

Cheers

Gee

Hi guys,

Im after some tips/advice for shooting English Skeet.

Ive entered into my first club shoot this Sunday and was wondering if anyone has any tips for a novice when it comes to skeet?

I have shot approx 10 rounds on my own before but never shot with company let alone in a 'semi-serious' way. My lowest score has been 19 and my highest 24 (chasing that straight lol).

Have been using 28grm 9's and the guns choked cyl and skt.

Any help would be welcome guys so I dont look a complete tit on the day. :blush:

Cheers

Gee

Don't build it up to much, it's not the olympics, keep the gun moving and finally don't miss. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by TrapFiller

Hi,

Firstly, don't worry about it and enjoy it!

Most important bits to remember would be don't forget to nominate which bird you are going to shoot first in S4 pair and make sure to ref confirms he\she has heard you.

If you have a fail to fire\hangfire wait as normal but DON'T break the gun as the referee will want to look at it to confirm if it was a FTF or trigger freeze, if you break the gun you have lost the bird.

Make sure you have a few spare cartridges in case you have any no birds or have to shoot a pair again.

Let the ref know it's your first competition.

Oh, and don't miss any ;)

Cheers,

Jon.