Nitesite NS200 any good

bunnybasher84

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had dealings with Jake regarding a faulty camera on my NS200. He's very helpful and will do all he can to get any problem solved.

I've emailed the company to ask when a clip on filter will become available, and I'm waiting for a reply.

Nice one Steve im sure the filters will sell like hot cakes!

I have had dealings with Jake regarding a faulty camera on my NS200. He's very helpful and will do all he can to get any problem solved.

I've emailed the company to ask when a clip on filter will become available, and I'm waiting for a reply.

Had a reply off the company this morning, and they are still trying to source a suitable material. Well I found mine in under 10 minutes!

Why don't you pitch your idea to them they might cut you in on a bit of cash lol

The material is just coloured acetate sheet. I have about 10 different colours and have been experimenting to see what is best to use. The hardest part is trying to make a filter cover to fit over the monitor. I'm still working on that one. :good:

Any news on the new Pulsar n750?

Hi Bryan. This topic is about the NiteSite NS200 mate. You would have to look elsewhere for news on the Pulsar, as the company who make the NiteSite have nothing to do with Pulsar. :good:

Steve, just cut it 2mm bigger than the visible screen size, then it'll just slide under the plastic shroud. Fold a piece of insulation tape round to make a tab to ease removal. I've used green, now using red and see how I get on with that, it really does knock the granny out of the glare.

Steve, just cut it 2mm bigger than the visible screen size, then it'll just slide under the plastic shroud. Fold a piece of insulation tape round to make a tab to ease removal. I've used green, now using red and see how I get on with that, it really does knock the granny out of the glare.

Cheers Mick. I'll give it a try on the weekend. :good:

But what scope are members using with this site. Can i use a fixed paralax or do i have use adjustable paralax. So what scope are people using on them.

As i am looking getting the ns50/200 can decide which all down to the pennies. Because having spoken to Jake at nitesite he said they are ok to use on spring or gas ram air rifle. As they are nearly all eletroincs and very little glass to damage.

But what scope are members using with this site. Can i use a fixed paralax or do i have use adjustable paralax. So what scope are people using on them.

As i am looking getting the ns50/200 can decide which all down to the pennies. Because having spoken to Jake at nitesite he said they are ok to use on spring or gas ram air rifle. As they are nearly all eletroincs and very little glass to damage.

You can use any scope you want :good: I alternate my ns200 between three different rifles and the scopes are a hawke airmax mill dot 4-12x44, a Hawke panorama 3-9x40 half mil dot fixed pa and an adjustable p.a panorama 3-9x50 map 6 ret. The ns works very well on all of these scopes.

The material is just coloured acetate sheet. I have about 10 different colours and have been experimenting to see what is best to use. The hardest part is trying to make a filter cover to fit over the monitor. I'm still working on that one. :good:

Hi Bryan. This topic is about the NiteSite NS200 mate. You would have to look elsewhere for news on the Pulsar, as the company who make the NiteSite have nothing to do with Pulsar. :good:

Hello Steve,and others.

I feel that this topic is relevant to anyone interested in purchasing night vision gear of

any brand. I was looking at Pulsar months ago when I came across Nitesite. I would imagine the OP is looking at all

brands and types for opinions and veiws and if he thinks that I have somehow hijacked his post I am truly sorry for any offence caused.

Anyhow, I searched Pulsar n750 and was directed back to this post anyway.

Bryan.

Hi there read the posts with interest,Had the NS200 since autumn last year,made a couple of home made DSA"s but opted for the cobra/merlin dsa,you can use it straght off,but made a longer shim for the rear to get the best sight picture.Also use a 10amp li-ion battery waist pack and now have fitted a 4.2amp/hr battery to the stock,which is fantastic!Tried using gel filters found pale yellow best upto now,red killed the image to much.Been using the NS200 on the hmr and f.a.c air and achieved great success.With the hmr head shoot rabbits 100yds easily!longest shot in the neck was 179yds witnessed,so some of you may say " **** " but a lot i think depends on your scope,on all of my rifles i use a Simmons WTC 6-20x5owide angle and works a treat.Also tried it on an mtc viper 6x24 x 56 and no were near as good as the simmons,Brother tried on his hawk scope 3-12x40 i think and still not as good as the Simmons wtc.Lastly today got some double sided velcro and mounted a Yukon mpr on the rear of the camera unit for filming,fits just nice,so be interesting to see what scpoes guys are using to acheieve the best sight pictures....

Hi there read the posts with interest,Had the NS200 since autumn last year,made a couple of home made DSA"s but opted for the cobra/merlin dsa,you can use it straght off,but made a longer shim for the rear to get the best sight picture.Also use a 10amp li-ion battery waist pack and now have fitted a 4.2amp/hr battery to the stock,which is fantastic!Tried using gel filters found pale yellow best upto now,red killed the image to much.Been using the NS200 on the hmr and f.a.c air and achieved great success.With the hmr head shoot rabbits 100yds easily!longest shot in the neck was 179yds witnessed,so some of you may say " **** " but a lot i think depends on your scope,on all of my rifles i use a Simmons WTC 6-20x5owide angle and works a treat.Also tried it on an mtc viper 6x24 x 56 and no were near as good as the simmons,Brother tried on his hawk scope 3-12x40 i think and still not as good as the Simmons wtc.Lastly today got some double sided velcro and mounted a Yukon mpr on the rear of the camera unit for filming,fits just nice,so be interesting to see what scpoes guys are using to acheieve the best sight pictures....

Is your Simmons WTC fitted with a parallax (or adjustable objective) ring? I loved my WTC 3-9x40 but it had no AO and I just couldn't get a decent picture with both image and reticle sharp using any magnification (okay on low mag). I'm now using the MTC Genesis which is superb I have to say.

By the way, anyone interested in a spacer I have the dimensions here:

NS200-SPACER.jpg

I think Webber on here can make all sorts of stuff on a lathe.

Edited by mick miller

Is your Simmons WTC fitted with a parallax (or adjustable objective) ring? I loved my WTC 3-9x40 but it had no AO and I just couldn't get a decent picture with both image and reticle sharp using any magnification (okay on low mag). I'm now using the MTC Genesis which is superb I have to say.

NS200-SPACER.jpg

Yep! its adjustable at the front!On another point went for a walk last sunday eve,weatherwise not the best,drizzle,low cloud/mist hopeless really,brother tried the lightforce with red filter,looked loike a 100ft lightsabre and useless pretty much,tried the nitesite on the next to max setting on the ir and we could spot rabbits and shoot them between 70-100yds which was surprising considering the weather.Good system for the price and perfect for pestcontrol,will try and get some pictures up of the set up on the rifle and get some footage on the mpr cheers....

NS200-SPACER.jpg

I'll have the dimensions please Mick. :good:

Ummm, you already have them!

Provided you follow the dimensions on the diagram it'll completely replace the current adapter on the cobra Merlin DSA. You need to remove the circlip to fit it. It eliminates any extraneous light that may enter the DSA and also provides for the maximum amount of light to enter the camera, no restrictions.

I also have a spare screen gel in yellow if anyone would like to try one? I found red just reduced the brightness too much.

Ummm, you already have them!

Provided you follow the dimensions on the diagram it'll completely replace the current adapter on the cobra Merlin DSA. You need to remove the circlip to fit it. It eliminates any extraneous light that may enter the DSA and also provides for the maximum amount of light to enter the camera, no restrictions.

I also have a spare screen gel in yellow if anyone would like to try one? I found red just reduced the brightness too much.

Yes please Mick, I have two shades of red but thats all. So if anyone wants some red gissa shout.

Steve_b_wales - have you got the NS200 working to your complete satisfaction now - or are you still tinkering?

Grandalf

Hi Grandalf. The only thing stopping my final tests is that I seem to be living in work on night shifts. However, I have 10 days off soon, so will (weather permitting) try mine out properly. An email from the manufacturers said that there will be a clip on filter for the monitor 'available soon'. My home made ones does the trick for the time being.

I'll report my findings as soon as I manage to get out and put the NS200 through its paces.

Steve. :good:

Hi Grandalf. The only thing stopping my final tests is that I seem to be living in work on night shifts. However, I have 10 days off soon, so will (weather permitting) try mine out properly. An email from the manufacturers said that there will be a clip on filter for the monitor 'available soon'. My home made ones does the trick for the time being.

I'll report my findings as soon as I manage to get out and out the NS200 through its paces.

Steve. :good:

Well, I finally got the chance to try my NS200 properly. My mate 'the poacher' and I went up the farm and waited until it got dark. I fitted the NS200 to my Sako 75 22-250 rifle, fitted with a Kahles 3-12x56 scope. Using the scope on x6 mag' and the NS200 on the 3rd IR setting, we could see down the field to a distance of around 120 yards.The problem I had was when I turned the mag'up to x12, and the IR power to the maximum, I had a white glare reflecting at the top of the monitor. I'm not sure what is causing this. It's not the scope or the moderator, so it's a bit of a mystery. Anyway, after waiting for about an hour for a fox to hopefully come into the call from my Foxpro Spitfire, we decided to try somewhere else. Walking back to my car, Mark shone the lamp into an adjoining field, and picked up a few rabbits in the beam, which soon started running for cover. We decided to see what my NS200 would pick up, and I tried it on x3 IR setting/x6 on the scope. I could see a few rabbits who were oblivious to the IR 'light', and picked one out. I could clearly see the rabbit, and it's eyes shone brightly. As there was a safe backstop, I took the shot, and we could hear the sound of the rabbit being hit. We walked down to where the rabbit was sitting, and it was stone dead. The 22-250, not surprisingly, virtually opened the rabbit up, so no good for the pot! We walked back to my car, and the range was estimated at a minimum of 130 yards. The rabbit will be used this afternoon to hopefully attract some Corvids.

So,all in all, I'm pleased with the results, although I need to find out what is causing the white glare in the monitor. Had I been able to use the x12 mag on my scope, I could have pinpointed the reticule on the rabbit, and maybe taken a head shot. I'm convinced that I could have taken a fox well out to 200 yards, had one been there.

Comments on what could have caused the white glare are welcome.

Steve.