Nitesite NS200 any good

bunnybasher84

Just got one of these 2nd hand and at the moment I'm not that impressed as I still use a lamp to spot with and then switch to the NS200. After I've taken what seems a dodgy shot I'm night blind as the screen has done my own night vision in. I'm going to play around with it a little more and if I can't get on with it I will probably get back what I paid for it.

There will be a clip on filter for the monitor available soon. But in the meantime, you can make your own, by following ideas in this thread. All NV will affect your own natural 'night vision' until your eyes adjust back to normal. You will see a difference if you add a filter on the monitor though. :good:

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mangled, PM me your addy and i'll post a custom sized yellow one. It'll do the job but I prefer the 20% window tint. You can order samples of these off eBay for 99p posted and use the yellow gel filter as a template.

Just ordered some of ebay, lets see how I get on with that.

Cut it about 1.5mm wider than the visible screen size. Then just gently tuck each edge under the screen shroud, that way it stays in place and wont fall out. Works for me, although as mentioned, any NV ruins your night vision (eyes).

Oh and if you haven't read about the battery mod and the Cobra DSA mod these two things transformed the user friendliness of my unit. The camera never moves (I can even put my cheek against it) and the battery is on the rifle stock so I can put the rifle down if I want to and deal with stuff (like things recently made very dead).

Edited by mick miller

Good advice on here for the ns200 After owning mine for a good few months now and after having made all the tweaks ( filter, cobra dsa, smaller battery) i have to say that for my style of shooting its ideal. A good example was shooting at a new permission thursday night. I took my little Ultra for ratting in a grain barn and then switched the ns200 over to my fac rapid for some rabbiting at the back of the aforementioned barn which took a matter of minutes (which incidentally required no re-zero'ing unlike if i had been using a dedicated system like the n550). The rabbits on this permission had no wariness at all and i managed to shoot 8 in twenty minutes or so. The ns200 rocks! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Is your Simmons WTC fitted with a parallax (or adjustable objective) ring? I loved my WTC 3-9x40 but it had no AO and I just couldn't get a decent picture with both image and reticle sharp using any magnification (okay on low mag). I'm now using the MTC Genesis which is superb I have to say.

By the way, anyone interested in a spacer I have the dimensions here:

NS200-SPACER.jpg

I think Webber on here can make all sorts of stuff on a lathe.

Hi

I have a lathe and a lot of Delrin that would easily make these bushings. How does the part shown in the diagram fix to the scope and the camera. Is it just a push fit or should there be plastic grub screw on each end to secure it in place.

I would be interested in finding out. I have a Harrison M300 that I use for working on my Rifles. I have read this three from start to end. I am interested in getting a NS200 in the near future.

I watched a Youtube link where the guy was shooting Rabbits with a 17Hmr. I am sure he was using an external light source other than what comes with the set up. If you watch some of the video, you will see the view from the screen has trouble keeping up with the illumination.

I would also like to know if video can be recorded using a jack plug from the camera to a recording device. I am quite impressed with it.

Like everything in life. You jump in and buy one only to find that 3 months down the line they have brought out an all singing and dancing updated version that can reach 3 times further in distance. Time will tell.

The spacer is for use with the cobra Merlin dsa, it replaces the central steel ring which is held in place by a circlip. If you don't have a dsa you won't need the custom spacer.

The ns200 does allow for video output, your lead should be of the Sony type.

Edited by mick miller

Hi

I have a lathe and a lot of Delrin that would easily make these bushings. How does the part shown in the diagram fix to the scope and the camera. Is it just a push fit or should there be plastic grub screw on each end to secure it in place.

I would be interested in finding out. I have a Harrison M300 that I use for working on my Rifles. I have read this three from start to end. I am interested in getting a NS200 in the near future.

I watched a Youtube link where the guy was shooting Rabbits with a 17Hmr. I am sure he was using an external light source other than what comes with the set up. If you watch some of the video, you will see the view from the screen has trouble keeping up with the illumination.

I would also like to know if video can be recorded using a jack plug from the camera to a recording device. I am quite impressed with it.

Like everything in life. You jump in and buy one only to find that 3 months down the line they have brought out an all singing and dancing updated version that can reach 3 times further in distance. Time will tell.

Video can be recorded from the camera. There is a good recording device available on Ebay for around £40. I can't access Ebay at the moment, as I'm using a works computer, and ebay has been blocked. When I get chance tomorrow, I'll add the item number.

Hi

How much would you charge to make these as I might be interested

I need to reiterate the bush/sleeve is for the Cobra/Merlin DSA. So not scope to camera but DSA to camera. You need to be bob-on with the tolerances as there's not a lot to play with but those are the correct sizes.

I've just ordered a DSA from binoculars uk a few days ago that was why I was thinking if somebody could make me a sleeve.

:hmm::good: