what HMR

Jolly

I'd get a CZ American, 16" sporter weight barrel. Shove a Sak mod on it and a trigger kit and you'll be sorted. :good:

What's the budget for the whole kit? Try to get a decent scope. MTC are a good mid range with decent zoom and glass, you can get them used for about £100ish.

This is what I have, very happy with it.

atvb Paul.

I and a handful of others would say a Wiehrauch or an Anshutz, almost everyone else will say CZ. With any of the leading makes, if it feels right and you think Yes! when you pick it up, you will be able to shoot with it.

The only new buy I wouldn't bother with is the Sako Quad. They're excellent rifles but you're paying a premium for switch-barrel capability which is largely irrelevent on a rimfire. A second hand Quad barrelled in HMR at a good price would be well worth a look.

What I will say is get the best glass you can afford. If you're shooting rabbits you can double your bag in the last 15 minutes of light and a rabbit's napper is a small target at 150 yds. Few people ever regret buying a decent scope, but lots of people regret getting rid of one they thought they'd finished with.

Just bought a CZ 455 Thumbhole Varmint in .17HMR.This rifle is simply stunnning.I paid £475 for it.

As some of the lads have said on here the CZ American with a .16" barrel is a lovely rifle.

ATB in whatever you buy but my advice is don't buy too cheaply as you'll be paying more in the long run!

CZ's are cracking guns and excellent value for money!

Been offered a sako quad with 22lr and 17 hmr barrels what do you all think ?

That wasn't the question, CZ wins hands down answering the original question.

A Sako quad with 2 barrels will need another slot on the FAC, but could be ok, who is to know, do you want/need/require both, it sure as hell will not shoot any straighter than a CZ!

:good:

IMO there's nothing wrong with a SAK.

I use a SAK on my .22LR and .17HMR.

A SAK is very good value for money!

I have to agree, I have a SAK on my 2 x .22lr's and my .22WMR, I am on my second Sirocco on my HMR and when that dies it will be a SAK on that as well.

There is all sorts of debate/suggestion/comment as to what is best on a HMR or WMR, the answer is simple, there isn't one, none are any much use so you may just as well go for a lightish/smallish/cheapish mod like the SAK, and it is a good price, if it EVER goes wrong you can have a new one for 60% of its price by returning to Jackson Rifles.

When it starts at £30-£35 I'd say the SAK every time! Why pay £125 for a Whisper (which isn't as quiet), or £80+ for a DM80 which is bigger and heavier? :hmm:

ATB! :good: