Rimfire !!

Deano87

Which one to go for  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the 3 should I go for?.

Your call mate, but I'm not entirely convinced of the value of a poll like this. People will just 'recommend' what they've got in their own cabinet, even if they've not tried the others. It might tell you which is the most popular, not which is 'best'. There is no best anyway, as we all want different things. Why don't you see if members nearby have all these and might let you try them? Then you can make an informed choice based on your own preferences, not other people's.

Ok I had the choice between the Annie and CZ. Ultimately I went with CZ as I found a nice 16" HB Varmint with very good wood. If price wasn't an option I might have gone for the Annie but I didn't have unlimited funds and I was worried I would be too precious about the stock! After 5 1/2 years usage I am pleased with my decision. It's very accurate, aesthetically pleasing, bomb proof and I cannot fault it in any way! Thus my vote was CZ!

I've got a cz and an anshutz 1417. Value for money you can't beat a cz. Mine is great, they just work and keep working. I didnt like the t-bolts build quality but its nice and light .However, if money is no object then the anshutz is superior in every way. They are expensive but if it's a long term purchase I'd say buy the thumbhole version. Fantastic trigger, brilliant handling great accuracy. Best .22 I've used. If you can afford one get one, you won't regret it.

I voted for annie, purely because a friend has both annie and cz and before i had my fac and used his guns i got on better with the anschutz. End of the day fella its what suits you and your pocket. I went into a gun shop and kept picking guns up until one felt right, odly enough it was a marley. Which ever you buy you love

ATB

Went for the Cz as I own one,had it chopped to 16" and is the dogs dangly thingys!Have tried my mates Annie;no more accurate than mine in practical purposes,but plug-ugly.Have tried another mates Sako Finnfire;no more accurate than mine in practical purposes,and not as useful as mine for practical purposes(has stunning wood so is preciously cared for!)whereas my synthetic 452 is used and abused,but delivers the goods every time.Have no experience of the Browning.

I can but suggest a somewhat meaningless poll.

What do you want to do with it, I assume field work, just the same you will never need anything more than the CZ, the Browning is ok but temperamental and parts are not easy from the experience of the one and only I know first hand about, it broke day 1 and took 3 months to get the part...NOT another rifle or the part in the country apparently so no replacement rifle available, and this has only just happened.

Many may argue the Anschutz is the best, whatever that may mean :hmm: , it sure as hell will not perform better or be more reliable in the field!

Whatever you want!

I went and had a look at a few today. I went to both gun shops and they had cz455 which were nice but what's the difference between that and the 452 apart from the t hole

I think the 455 is just a replacement for the 452 and if I remember rightly it has interchangeable barrels simaler to the sako quad