advice needed

duncan

Last year i bought a BSA ultra .22 .my mate helped me zero the sights and put a chronogragh on it fired a few shots and it averaged around 11.7 lbs today out shooting had a few practice shots put the chronogragh on it and averaged between 13.2 and 14.5 .i think this might be a trip back to the gun dealer .But your advice would be handy. The pellets i was using were "air arms diadolo field 16 grains .22 "

Last year i bought a BSA ultra .22 .my mate helped me zero the sights and put a chronogragh on it fired a few shots and it averaged around 11.7 lbs today out shooting had a few practice shots put the chronogragh on it and averaged between 13.2 and 14.5 .i think this might be a trip back to the gun dealer .But your advice would be handy. The pellets i was using were "air arms diadolo field 16 grains .22 "

Same pellets both times?

2-3ft lb more is a lot, something doesn't sound right, rifle or chrono??

What can you say, some RFD may help and check/reduce power as appropriate, some may simply not give you the gun back and report you!

An Ultra will NOT push that without work, I have one in .177 (God knows why) so maybe it is the chrono.

Just be careful, do you have another chrono to try against, those old CB625 are not bad!

:good::good:

What pellets did you use when you first chrono'd it out of interest?

eley wasps ,i used some of these when got home and again the chrono showed 13.7 , when i bought the pellets i washed them and coated them with Napier power lube,

Sounds like a trip to the RFD to me, I would take it back to the one where you bought it because (I may be wrong here) that once an air rifle has been put over the legal limit, even if its returned to legal limit it will still need to be held on an FAC, is your warrenty still valid?

atb Ratty

funny u should say this i bought a weihrauch hw100 S/T it was lifting it was **** running maybee 6 flbs then i bought a rpaid 7 and then a lad came to buy it so i filled it up and then put the mag in and no word of a lie it was running 29.6FLBS so i had to take it to the gun shop and sort it out he said the regulator or summit had aproblem with it so yeah itl be your regulator

funny u should say this i bought a weihrauch hw100 S/T it was lifting it was **** running maybee 6 flbs then i bought a rpaid 7 and then a lad came to buy it so i filled it up and then put the mag in and no word of a lie it was running 29.6FLBS so i had to take it to the gun shop and sort it out he said the regulator or summit had aproblem with it so yeah itl be your regulator

cant imagine it would be the same here because the BSA is self regulated but the HW100 is fully regulated

Have you checked that the chrono is set to the correct pellet weight if it has that option.

thats also a good point :rolleyes:

Thankyou all for the good advice lads, got the rifle back and the shop owner could find nothing wrong with it ,he reckons it was incorrect chrono setting or that when i put the Napier Power Lube on the pellets i put in half the bottle instead of 3 or 4 drops and this could cause dieseling , as i have only been using an air-rifle for 12 months this is all very confusing, but i will stick with it .It makes a change from shotguns which i have had for the last 25 years ,once again thankyou Gents :good::good::good:

http://extorian.co.uk/shooting/pellets.html

in future if you don't or don't know how to enter your pellet weight into the combro use this.Just fill in the fps and pellet weight and it instantly converts it to ftlb.I find this handy when trying out different pellets just put in the highest fps and the lowest fps and you can see what there firing at.

andy