New Hound Pup For Me

new to the flock

Finally managed to get out to my buddy's and pick up my new hound pup. Was suppose to be there 3 1/2 weeks ago, but my work schedual.... ;) B) :wacko: ..... has been so heavy lately I have not had a chance to pick her up. She has come with the name Paddy and is a lovely Treeing Walker 10 month old bitch. Same bloodlines as a male I owned 12 years ago by the name of Rock. Rock was a cracker jack of a dog Whom I regret selling, unfortunately someone offered me far too much money and a fine home for the dog. Paddy resembles this dog not only in mannerisims, and actions but looks as well. Here's hoping she will turn out to be 1/2 the dog her predecesor was. :beer::D:D

The Treeing Walker is a hound that was developed to specialize in the trailing and treeing of racoons at night. The hound will sound off on track with a long drawn out bawl, and then switch to a load chop bawl while standing with front legs on the tree that the coon has climbed. This is known as a tree bawl. For those that love to hear a hound voice , there is nothing like a loud mouth hound singing on a clear november night with a sky full of stars, northern lights, and moon. :beer:

Cheers........ ;)

nttf, like Gary, I,m sure the rest of us would like to see a picture of your latest acquisition. :beer:

I,m sure I mentioned that whilst roaming around north Alabama this Spring, we stumbled across a coon dog cemetary in Commanche.

The first dog buried there was in 1837 and its name was "Troop".

Good coon hounds change hands for very much money, in the Southern States.