first time clay shooting.

hi all,

me first post here.big sam took me claying over harty ferry on the isle of sheppey for my first attempt at it.we had 50 shot's each the first time round and i dont think i did all that good.we had a pint in the pub there and had another 50.i think i got 32 out of the fifty which sam said was good for me second go at it!!i was well pleased!i'll be getting a licence and then a gun soon.cheers sam,nice one....dave. :blink: :D

My first time shooting clays was an informal event with a friend, I found for my self that when I stopped trying to "aim" at them I did a lot better. I instead let my eyes find the target and since the gun fits me ok the whole hand/eye co ordination kicked in and i was getting 5 and 6 in a row. 32 out of 50 sounds good to me, we didn't keep count but I'm going to next time, I'll loose but I don't care it's too much fun :blink:

John

cheers lads,if it wasn't for sam showing me the ropes i dont think i'd have hit any!!cant wait to go again with me own gun too.....dave. :D :blink:

32 out of 50 on your second go? I'd say you were a natural!! What style of clay shooting were you doing? (Skeet, Sporting, DTL etc?)

I shoot English sporting and so far have a PB of 25 x 50.

Well done!

don't know for sure what i was shooting.i think it was sporting but sam will know!...dave.