hitclays

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sound advice :good:

Oh, and bring TWICE as many cartridges as you think you're likely to use - we raise the air temperature by several degrees before we're through :D

Last time (not december, october) i went through about 350 carts, i had a bout hundered in a bag, and a 250 slab and only had a couple of handfulls left over.

my hatsan has never jammed to be fair, well once when i used 65mm carts before i realised.

my o/u isnt the loosest, and often i need to pull it open a bit more to put the bottom cart in. the sbs is a non ejector. reckon i'd do ok with a non ejector single barrel 410??? hmm, probably wouldnt do any worse!

You can use plastic or fibre wads.

my hatsan has never jammed to be fair, well once when i used 65mm carts before i realised.

my o/u isnt the loosest, and often i need to pull it open a bit more to put the bottom cart in. the sbs is a non ejector. reckon i'd do ok with a non ejector single barrel 410??? hmm, probably wouldnt do any worse!

I was only joking about the Hatsan.

You will have no chance with a single barrel. the targets are fast and furious, if I recall you get 75 birds in about 90 seconds/2minutes between the 4 of you and the barrels will be "HOT"

Edited by bakerboy

I have a choice of hatsan semi, non ejector sxs d/t or o/u ejector. Reckon I will try the semi. 3 of us confirmed now, will be an early start as 2 hours away.

One question can we use plastic wad carts or do they have to be fibre ?

Nearly everyone is two hours away, even the Locals, those tractors don't move very fast you know, and they like to travel in conveys, due to trouble with the Natives.

You may even find some column's of Roman Legionaires still trying to find their way out.

Nearly everyone is two hours away, even the Locals, those tractors don't move very fast you know, and they like to travel in conveys, due to trouble with the Natives.

You may even find some column's of Roman Legionaires still trying to find their way out.

Don't think he's joking...he's not! :yes:

You've seen the Land Rover stickers that say 'You can go fast but I can go anywhere'? Well we don't like those - in Norfolk we have the same sticker but it says '...and plough while I'm going there' too :lol:

I have a choice of hatsan semi, non ejector sxs d/t or o/u ejector. Reckon I will try the semi. 3 of us confirmed now, will be an early start as 2 hours away.

One question can we use plastic wad carts or do they have to be fibre ?

Plastic wads are fine - we like hitting stuff and some of them clays will be ways away out so fibre would lose you some range :good:

Update;

BE AT SHOOTING GROUND FOR 10AM START Saturday 10th march

54 confirmed shooters

15 TBC shooters

flush No1 75 bird (shot twice)

crow / teal targets

flush No2 75 bird (shot once)

duck/looping targets

flushes operated from 2 flush boxes (so we all get the same targets in the same time frame)

50 bird sporting over 5 stands in woods.plastic or fibre wad is ok

You need to book in to shoot, its not a just turn up and join in :no:

Edited by hitclays

Plastic wads are fine - we like hitting stuff and some of them clays will be ways away out so fibre would lose you some range :good:

Ah dear, I mite swell use some toilet paper filled ones then if there a fair way off, will save me the expense of lead. 3 newish shooters, this isn't going to go down too well haha

Update;

BE AT SHOOTING GROUND FOR 10AM START Saturday 10th march

54 confirmed shooters

15 TBC shooters

flush No1 75 bird (shot twice)

crow / teal targets

flush No2 75 bird (shot once)

duck/looping targets

flushes operated from 2 flush boxes (so we all get the same targets in the same time frame)

50 bird sporting over 5 stands in woods.plastic or fibre wad is ok

Possible 70 shooters, well done Alan that is a fantastic result.

I am really looking forward to the day, lets hope th pub has plenty of Pigeon Watch Ale on tap, it was a great pint last time out.

Could I ask that all shooters let me know at the end of the day how many cartridges (or as near as)they have used, as I will need this for a fund raising scheme for the PW Charity shoot.

Thanks

Terry

Ah dear, I mite swell use some toilet paper filled ones then if there a fair way off, will save me the expense of lead. 3 newish shooters, this isn't going to go down too well haha

Dont let them worry you mate ,the furthest clay in the flushes will be approx 30m away and they will be standard clays showing their face (not edge on). The whole idea is to hit as many clays as we can and enjoy doing it,when i set up the shoot i bear that in mind.

(How else would you think they get such good scores) :lol:

Edited by hitclays

Southeastpete,

a 75 flush in 90 seconds means a clay every 1.2 seconds so to even fire a shot at every clay all four of us all need to fire 2 shots each every 10 seconds. This sounds like a lot of time but consider it.. eject.. load 2 shells ... close and shoulder gun ... pick first target ...fire pick second target.. fire .. eject the reality is though that given half your targets will disapear into bits just as you are about to pull the trigger and at other times you finish relading and have to wait for a couple of seconds for a target to present itself so you need to be faster than that !

Unless you are a Semi speedloader extrordinaire you will be a hell of a lot faster with an ejecting O/U than the Semi, even with the extra shot. If you do bring the semi bring a decent supply of carts that you know it likes and the OU for if the semi plays up.

Yo Silpig, is Mrs Silpig flushing this time round?

It's me, Mr Countryside Lass and Chazzmeister with Mrs Silpig to retain our PW Top Gun title, if not we're a 'man down' and need a volunteer to join in and show us how it's done - any takers??

These flushes are turning into the stuff of legends......