Help - Sick Chinchilla (I think)

JonD

Hi All,

Not sure if anyone can advise, my 8 year old chinchilla Quattro has all of a sudden become very lethargic today.

There has been no diet change and was normal this morning but has been very quiet this afternoon, I heard him calling this PM but he has been quiet this PM.

Hopefully someone can advise what to to do, I'll be taking him to the vet in the AM.

Before anyone takes the **** I love him like a dog and he is part of the family.

Cheers,

Jon.

Hello mate -

My missus is a vet nurse. She says keep him warm, with plenty of water. Try to tempt him with a nice treat to see if he eats. And to the vets ASAP.

You could also PM Apache on here - he's a vet....

ATB margun

Cheers Margun,

He was fine this AM, he is warm but won't take any treats and has a full bottle of water.

Just going to get him back out and if needs be sit with him all night, will put him in a towel to keep him warm in case he has flu etc.

Thanks for the help!

Jon.

just had a look online and apparently chinchila suffer commonly with heat stroke which would cause lethargy, has it been anywhere hot or have you had the heating on? i'd wait to hear what apache or someone else says as wrapping it up may not be the best idea mate.

i'd try and get some fluid in it or try it a bit of fruit or something with natural sugars to pick it up, just guessing this by the way mate.

hope it picks up anyway mate

Edited by bicykillgaz