Tow bar cost

markm

I installed a Dixon Bate in about half an hour on my landy :P towplate cost me a £5 in postage got it free off of a landy forum member and just paid £40 for a Nato hitch, electrics robbed from our other disco so a total of £45 and probably 45 mins all in once I've greased the Nato hitch swivel and bolted it onto the plate

Buy the parts cheap, fit it yourself…….simples :good:

I paid about £250 for twin electrics fixed bar on my volvo v50 2 years ago, about £160 for my ford focus about 3 years ago. My mazda 6 i was quoted £650.00 as you have to cut the chassis rails with an angle grinder. I did that one myself and just bought the bar for about 130.00. Try http://www.towbarexpress.co.uk/ they have a live chat option on the left hand side and they can give you a fitted price within a few minutes, i have not used them as always found it a little bit cheaper but they are not the most expensive either.

I paid about £250 for twin electrics fixed bar on my volvo v50 2 years ago, about £160 for my ford focus about 3 years ago. My mazda 6 i was quoted £650.00 as you have to cut the chassis rails with an angle grinder. I did that one myself and just bought the bar for about 130.00. Try http://www.towbarexpress.co.uk/ they have a live chat option on the left hand side and they can give you a fitted price within a few minutes, i have not used them as always found it a little bit cheaper but they are not the most expensive either.

:yp: :yp: :yp: £650 :yp: :yp: :yp: thats daylight robbery that is :o

I installed a Dixon Bate in about half an hour on my landy :P towplate cost me a £5 in postage got it free off of a landy forum member and just paid £40 for a Nato hitch, electrics robbed from our other disco so a total of £45 and probably 45 mins all in once I've greased the Nato hitch swivel and bolted it onto the plate

Buy the parts cheap, fit it yourself…….simples :good:

He is a Teacher, he doesnt do "hands dirty" work :yp:

:shaun:

:yp: :yp: :yp: £650 :yp: :yp: :yp: thats daylight robbery that is :o

Thats what i thought until i did the job, it was a pig and took me 4-5 hours and i sort of know what i am doing. Had to remove the whole back end then the rear crossmemeber which was the easy bit. I then had to cut the ends of the chassis rails out with an angle grinder to slide the support bars actually into the rails, then drill through the boot floor and the chassis rails for the bolts but to do that had to drop the exhaust and heat shield down. Finally put it all back together again and take a notch out the bumper for the new bar. Luckily the electrics were easy enough. Saying that though much rather do it myself and have a few hours cursing than pay 650.00

Edited by ferguson_tom

Thats what i thought until i did the job, it was a pig and took me 4-5 hours and i sort of know what i am doing. Had to remove the whole back end then the rear crossmemeber which was the easy bit. I then had to cut the ends of the chassis rails out with an angle grinder to slide the support bars actually into the rails, then drill through the boot floor and the chassis rails for the bolts but to do that had to drop the exhaust and heat shield down. Finally put it all back together again and take a notch out the bumper for the new bar. Luckily the electrics were easy enough. Saying that though much rather do it myself and have a few hours cursing than pay 650.00

Dear me, I'd hate to work at a Mazda garage! That sounds about as bad as replacing a swivel on the landy

This is why landrovers are better ;) everything on the old ones is just there you slide the bolts through the chassis and through the rear crossmember then tighten.

Job done in 30 mins.