308 and 110 hornady bullets

I purchase a box of Hornady 110gr sp as I intended to use them on smaller deer. My rifle is a Tika t3 hunter and shoots 150gr sierras very accuratly with oal 2.800. Obviously the 110 gr are far to short to reloaded at that length so seat at 2650. On the first test they seem to be keyholing as they get faster, am I missing something or best left. I have the load upto 48grs of varget at moment and though I feel they are not that hot a load. Ps my manual states that this load should be a compressed load but its not yet.

I ran a full box of Hornady 3010 through my Howa 1500 (1..12) and they shot sub MOA without even trying.

I set them to book length and a just above medium load with H4895 then changed to N133.

I have used them for everything up to fallow.

I also ran 23010 and they shoot touching groups with the same load.

I use them in my Rem, 50grn of H4895, in my lap cases that is a full case with only about 1/16" left to the top. The powder is very very compressed!

When you say "keyholing" do you mean the bullet is tumbling?

If so what is your twist? Sometimes a fast twist will spin a light bullet to much and can create bad yaw.

I have no idea how far off the lands the bullet is but I settled on a rounded length that allowed for about a full neck of seated bullet. Works in my rifle and is used extensivly all year around.

U.

Have just found an RFD who can get this round. But he seemed a bit edgey about getting it. As this round desgined to kill people. He was a unhappy but will get some in, because of what the round is for. So if its ligth weigth round it should be quite reasonable to use on foxse then.

But can any order a 100 at a time. Which is abit of downer at this current time.

Have just found an RFD who can get this round. But he seemed a bit edgey about getting it. As this round desgined to kill people. He was a unhappy but will get some in, because of what the round is for. So if its ligth weigth round it should be quite reasonable to use on foxse then.

But can any order a 100 at a time. Which is abit of downer at this current time.

Say wha' :hmm::no: best not tell him other bullets can kill folk equally as well. What a muppet :lol:

U.

Edited by Underdog