In praise of Andrew at Manchester Clay Pigeon Shooting Club

Johnnyplatt

All,

I just wanted to buck my trend of only posting on forums when something bad happens and actually put a bit of positive stuff for once.

I had planned to go to MCSC last weekend to take my eldest and introduce him to the sport (as it happens, he couldn't make it, so I took my best mate - who had never shot either), anyway I emailed the club to ask for info - Andrew was really helpful over the course of several emails (each one patiently and pleasantly responding to the stupid questions I asked.) - he even suggested that we avoided Saturday as there were a few Stag-do's so the practice stands would be busy. When we turned up on Sunday and he was dead helpful (as was the lady that worked there, although I didn't catch her name), even suggesting an order to tackle the stands.

All in all, it was a stress-free, seamless experience and I will be back ...I've arranged to take the wife next Sunday.

John

Andy is a sound guy, top bloke. Always goes above and beyond and says hello.

If the woman you refer to is the blonde one behind the reception desk then I wouldn't count on it again. In my experience and what many others on here have said she makes you wait while she finishes her conversation, then serves you like your bothering her and shows minimal customer service etiquette. Shame because the rest of the team all seem really nice

I have been going to worsley for 6 months now , never had a problem , sure it gets busy at weekends with stag doos etc but hey ho , found andrew very helpful , and never had a problem with the blonde lady ?in fact i think she is very helpful , Havnt a bad word for this place and seems to get better everytime i go.

Andy is a sound guy, top bloke. Always goes above and beyond and says hello.

If the woman you refer to is the blonde one behind the reception desk then I wouldn't count on it again. In my experience and what many others on here have said she makes you wait while she finishes her conversation, then serves you like your bothering her and shows minimal customer service etiquette. Shame because the rest of the team all seem really nice

Personaly i have been shooting a worsley now for a few years and found every one who works there great and polite, the lady your referring to "as blonde one" is a great aseset to the business and she has always been there when i have needed advice or help.

I have seen for my own eyes that there are a few rude shooters that tend to talk over each other and at her when she can only deal and serve one person at a time, If she multi tasked to help all of your issuse/enqiures at once and messed up your change or put less clays on your card i am sure you would find some thing else to moan about, I personally think that if any one has an issue with the ground or with some one at the ground you should see the ground manager Phill or The manager Andrew chadwick which i am sure they will deal with your issue/enquire instead of posting bullying comments on here.

May just be me but cant see any room for complaint with the service i receive from this lady , yes it can sometimes be a bit of a wait to get clays on your account , but thats just hard cheese , she is never nasty or rude , is polite in fact . Has always said my name when telling me how many clays i have on the card too , just a side note , i too found it a pain waiting in the que to buy clays , so i joined , keep my own card and before i leave i put more clays on the card when there is no que to wait in .if i had brains i would be dangerous

Personally I couldn't care less how polite/efficient someone is or isn't when i'm booking in,it's all irrelevent to me :rolleyes::rolleyes:

It's target quality that counts......That's what you go shooting for isn't it :hmm:

Good grief you guys will be moaning about the food next :lol: :lol:

Azzurri

Personally I couldn't care less how polite/efficient someone is or isn't when i'm booking in,it's all irrelevent to me :rolleyes::rolleyes:

It's target quality that counts......That's what you go shooting for isn't it :hmm:

Azzurri

And what do you think of the target quality now then at Worsley ???

And what do you think of the target quality now then at Worsley ???

Don't know Phil,haven't been since you changed them and Worsely's too far for me for a practice ;)

I did call for a round with Nicky T,it was the week you started,we had a chat in the carpark where I wished you good luck and hoped things turned out well for the future for you :yes::good:

Any news of monthly registerd shoots then Phil,it's all a bit quiet oop north isn't it :yes:

Azzurri

Looking forward to the Sporting Masterclass that Carl Bloxham & myself are running in late April at Manchester CSC, what a great ground. Look forward to seeing Nick T there and others from the Forum, promises to be a great day - couple of places left for those looking to have a technical and mental training day.

Busy week that week - Sporting Targets Wednesday, Manchester CSC Thursday and then Auchterhouse Dundee on the Friday - book soon to avoid disappointment.

Azzurri

Agreed. I'm not bothered about having everybody grinning at me like lunatics when I book in. <_<

I just want it to be quick, painless and cheap, and decent targets at the end of it. :sly:

Bloody amazing that this dump (MCSG) gets so much free publicity on this website.

It's a bloody dump, and a dreadful experience just driving up the track to get there. Close it down as soon as possible.

Now correct me if I'm wrong but I get the feeling you don't like the place :lol: .

I haven't travelled the length and breadth of the country visiting every ground there is but, I've been to far worse. :yes:

Edited by canthitathing

What I wanted was a safe, well laid out site with helpful staff - that was precisely what I got. Top marks in my book so I thought I would share it with everyone ...what with this being a forum for that kind of stuff. Likewise, if I'd been and they'd acted like muppets I would probably be on here bitching.

MCSC - the Marmite of clay gounds?

For the record, I've always found the staff to be very helpful. Since he arrived, I've been impressed with the targets that Phil is setting and, the frequency with which the targets are changed.

It would be nice to see more in the way of competitive events but, as a clubman, I feel pretty well looked after.

Now correct me if I'm wrong but I get the feeling you don't like the place :lol: .

I haven't travelled the length and breadth of the country visiting every ground there is but, I've been to far worse. :yes:

I havnt either and ive never been to MCSC but i know ive been to worse for service and disinterested staff

:shaun:

Edited by shaun4860

I have never understood why shooters would want a ground to close, if you don’t like it then just don’t go to it.

I, for one, want it to stay open.

MCSC has its faults, but for a club shooter it does that bit very well in good surroundings.

It has had major issues when holding registered shoots in the past (I have posted my views on what the problems were in other threads) and to be fair I have been to both good and bad shoots held there.

The targets have taken a turn for the better recently so I am looking forward to the next registered shoot, if it’s bad I will say so, if its good likewise but as always I will give it a chance.

I am not going to comment on the staff as I have been a member for years and know them all quite well so my experience might be a bit biased and different to others.

this post has been checked by Kaspersky Internet Sockpuppetry <_<