I some times wonder ....

Harnser

This has started a bit of a fire storm and really ruffled some feathers. I have to say thing are pritty simple, if it sound to good to be true then it proberly is. If it sound wrong or dangerous then it proberly is. I have shot small game and the odd fox but i am always lerning new things and better ways to do things . I just think you have to make up your own mind and go with it

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

how many people have actually shot a deer ,pigeon,fox or game bird . We seem to have many experts who all ways seem to quote advice from books and American comics or from INTERNET sites . Lots of replies to questions from members seem to be the well rehearsed and researched answers from the media and from books . How many experienced field sportsman do we have on here? I will tell you what ,I know who they are ,do you ?

/

Harnser .

go on then I will play.

what exactly is an expert ?? I have never seen anyone on here stating they are.Quoting links and advice from the internet does save time and can explain an issue much better than some people can.

The internet over the past 10 years have opened people eye to what is achievable in all manner of issues,long gone are the days when you talk to the local old boy in the gun shop stating "you only need a 4 inch group at 100 yards and you dont need to shoot past a 100 yards" most of us thats been around shooting for a long time have been caught in that trap.

the days have gone when the thing to use is a 6x42 scope.

we used to all learn through reading books and magazines or how would one progress ??

All we need know is to search a subject and all the infomation is there on any subject.

No disrespect but if your not prepared to move with the times thats not anyone elses fault but your own.

As to "experienced sportsman" what does that mean.every time one goes out into the field you can a little more experience.

most experience come from taking ideas from others you met and go out with,we can all learn something from someone.

Just because you may have been shooting 50 years does not make you better than a guy who only ben at it a couple iof years,as that guy may have done more research into the subject than what you have done over the 50 years.

Just because someone is stuck in there ways dosnet make tham right,infact it makes them worse because there not prepared to progress into modern times

newbie shooters have it easy nowerdays as theres so much to learn from clicking a few buttons.

so Harnster what "is an experienced sportsman" and who are they as if you dont persoanlly know them this thread of your is pointless and as its been said already just seeking attention.

bt he way I have hunted all over the world but have no idea how to decoy pigeons,does this make me an experienced or un experienced hunter.

There ws a guy on here who got ripped to bits over a 704 yards shot on a hare,he hadnt been shooting too long BUt took the time and effort to perfect his shooting and relaoding to be able to take such a shot,whay was he wrong when he had done more research into ballistics bullet and powder choice in that short time than you had done in your entire shooting life.in my opinion he had done everything right and i take my hat off to him as he didnt accept the rubbish that people post to what you should be doing.

move with the times or stop in your own little world,but dont bring people down who want to progress.

.... and the ruddy great coypu you shot and killed, stone dead, at 325 paces with your trusty .17HMR because that's where most of the drivel comes from...........dreams.

Unless you're off to America I think you'll find coypus were eradicated several decades before the .17HMR was developed, at least that's what it says on the internet. Sorry to be 'pendantic'......

Edited by JR1960

Probably not the best example, IIRC member person was outed on several forums (and banned from most) for being a complete fantasist.

i know all about him,but the fact of the matter is and the point iam getting accross he did his homework using the internet and has acheieved more in that short time than certain people have in a life time

matters not what anyone thinks of him.as we all know people are totally different in the real world and not tinernet world

go on then I will play.

what exactly is an expert ?? I have never seen anyone on here stating they are.Quoting links and advice from the internet does save time and can explain an issue much better than some people can.

The internet over the past 10 years have opened people eye to what is achievable in all manner of issues,long gone are the days when you talk to the local old boy in the gun shop stating "you only need a 4 inch group at 100 yards and you dont need to shoot past a 100 yards" most of us thats been around shooting for a long time have been caught in that trap.

the days have gone when the thing to use is a 6x42 scope.

we used to all learn through reading books and magazines or how would one progress ??

All we need know is to search a subject and all the infomation is there on any subject.

No disrespect but if your not prepared to move with the times thats not anyone elses fault but your own.

As to "experienced sportsman" what does that mean.every time one goes out into the field you can a little more experience.

most experience come from taking ideas from others you met and go out with,we can all learn something from someone.

Just because you may have been shooting 50 years does not make you better than a guy who only ben at it a couple iof years,as that guy may have done more research into the subject than what you have done over the 50 years.

Just because someone is stuck in there ways dosnet make tham right,infact it makes them worse because there not prepared to progress into modern times

newbie shooters have it easy nowerdays as theres so much to learn from clicking a few buttons.

so Harnster what "is an experienced sportsman" and who are they as if you dont persoanlly know them this thread of your is pointless and as its been said already just seeking attention.

bt he way I have hunted all over the world but have no idea how to decoy pigeons,does this make me an experienced or un experienced hunter.

There ws a guy on here who got ripped to bits over a 704 yards shot on a hare,he hadnt been shooting too long BUt took the time and effort to perfect his shooting and relaoding to be able to take such a shot,whay was he wrong when he had done more research into ballistics bullet and powder choice in that short time than you had done in your entire shooting life.in my opinion he had done everything right and i take my hat off to him as he didnt accept the rubbish that people post to what you should be doing.

move with the times or stop in your own little world,but dont bring people down who want to progress.

Take it easy Ackley ,this post wasent really a personal dig against you .

Harnser .

i know all about him,but the fact of the matter is and the point iam getting accross he did his homework using the internet and has acheieved more in that short time than certain people have in a life time

matters not what anyone thinks of him.as we all know people are totally different in the real world and not tinernet world

No - he did not do his homework - he spouted rubbish and told lies....he achieved nothing other than endangering persons new to shooting who could have read his drivel and tried to fire at objects over 700 yards away not knowing what could possibly happen...thats stupid.

you can read and research all you want - it's what you absorb and take as good advice that determines if you progress in what you do.

Some people say a degree is not a sign of intelligence but the sign you have the ability to retain enough information for a short period.

Regards,

Gixer