Identify AYA models

Oly

Can someone please explain how I can identify between the various AYA models. I'm pretty sure the one in question is either a No 1 or a No 2. Rough ideas on value would also be appreciated. See below for a pic.

Thanks in advance,

Oly

post-1937-0-18411600-1331763679.jpg

Hi Oly, I'm with brentus on this one I'd say model 25 sidelock does it have xxv on the rib if so going by "Holts" auction estimates £500 - £700 but it all depends on how good it is in the flesh so to speak how good are the bores? is it tight on face ? whats the finish like? ie does the barrel need blueing? all of these will affect it value. hope this help.

Dave.

Edited by gamekeeper1960

hi oly, this should show you .

Thanks for the pics, can't quite make it out, but does the gold on the top of the rib on the lefthand photo state XXV? The gun in question in my case has No.1 in gold at this location. I don't think that it's an AYA No.1, but that originally it was one of a pair - but we only have the one gun and I am not an expert in AYA's!

• 7 years later...

Its early 70s I've a 368... from memory its round 1973,,,  I've been offered another aya no idea of model,,condition,,length its been in storage and guy wants rid of it and like you say sent off to aya and they came back with same aya club nonsense and charge all I wanted to know was what model it is, hopefully get to see it this week and get a few pics to see what it is...

On 20 January 2020 at 17:40, Simon Dann said:

I email AYA as advised, they now want €49 per year to join the "card Club AYA Heritage 1915". All I wanted was a manufacture date for my No 4/53 - serial No 369613.

If that's the case, then it would appear that AYA have changed their strategy. In the past I and I know others, have emailed AYA (Carmen or Carmel, not sure who) and have received a response within the hour.

OB