Tyres

Beretta28g

Right can i legally use a inner tube on the road?

I have just had the second puntcure recently and they have both been in the sidewall, and no one will patch them.

So i dont have to spend out over £150 on two new tyres( which were new late last year) can i use a inner tube in them?

If not can they be mended in any way?

Cheers

You'd need to hot vulcanise them in order to seal them up but no is the answer, if the cut is through the sidewall or into the canvas then you need new tyres.

If its not cut the the canvas you can get away with a tube but the structural integrity will still be lessened due to the cut.

They certainly can't be mended if they are side-wall punctures.

I don't know if it's legal to put tubes in, what's it on? I'd assume not as I assume the manufacturers won't have it listed in their tyre recommendations therefore it would probably not be OK (and possibly invalidate the insurance?) but I'm not sure.

I wouldn't want to use tubes if it's used at motorway speeds much, but for local running about it should be OK.

inner tubes wont help as eve with inner tubes, a damaged sidewall is an illegal tyre tubeless or tubed, some offroad enthusiasts use tube sin tubeless tyres but the inner face of tubeless tyres is rough and needs to be smoothed for use with tubes, bad luck i guess perhaps look for some part worns or tyres with thicker sidewalls? Consider XL or reinforced tyres (they do cost more tho)

They certainly can't be mended if they are side-wall punctures.

Thats what hot vulcanising is for, when I cut mine down into the canvas I was told it was the only way to seal them up again to use but at £80 a go its not worth it, better paying the extra for a new tyre thats solid

I don't know if it's legal to put tubes in, what's it on? I'd assume not as I assume the manufacturers won't have it listed in their tyre recommendations therefore it would probably not be OK (and possibly invalidate the insurance?) but I'm not sure.

I wouldn't want to use tubes if it's used at motorway speeds much, but for local running about it should be OK.

Now as to new tyres, I'd recommend Maxxis like I'm running. They do a side wall guarantee so if you cut them you can get anywhere from a 20% discount to a free replacement dependant on how much tread you've used up

These are £130 new and they've got the guarantee on them, **** hot off road and **** on it

420257_390132430998586_100000054968341_1668044_151652180_n.jpg

421591_390778304267332_100000054968341_1669398_839266544_n.jpg

Edited for accuracy they must be awful on the road. As said sadly its new tyre time simply not worth the chance as with a 4x4 get a blowout at 60 and the odds of ending up on your roof is high. Its worth questioning why its happening as certainly I don't think I've ever had a sidewall puncture on mine. Thats on a mix of bfg's and grabbers over the years. If you're running one of the sets of re moulds people love to recomend on here that may be ano answer

Edited for accuracy they must be awful on the road. As said sadly its new tyre time simply not worth the chance as with a 4x4 get a blowout at 60 and the odds of ending up on your roof is high. Its worth questioning why its happening as certainly I don't think I've ever had a sidewall puncture on mine. Thats on a mix of bfg's and grabbers over the years. If you're running one of the sets of re moulds people love to recomend on here that may be ano answer

I find them great on the road, much more grip than my old BFG AT's. I could spin those up entering our drive but these just grip, in the wet they're fine too and I have no complaints about excessive noise. MPG might be down a little but that said I'm not bothered as the disco was never designed for economy.

General Grabber UHP New tyres too.

The answer may be then that they are pretty much road orientated and if you're in ruts etc thats whats doing it. Get some slightly more off road based tyres the sidewalls are usually much stronger.

As for little road noise on mud terrains pull the other one lol

I never said little I said no excessive noise, considering I was running the old pattern chunky BFG AT's these aren't any worse as far as I can tell. Not that it matters anyway as I always have music on in the car and have a straight through pipe on the disco.