Gerber knives -

Salop Matt

As above really, iv always found Gerber to be quite britle blades but razor sharp. How ever when watching lastnights episode of Field Sports Britain they were on the gerber stand and they showed the new: Gerber Myth Pro Field Dress Kit which looked a nice bit of kit. Now i have no use for a gut hook although i know some do un zip bunnys with them but i normally just use a blad blade on an Opinel 6 or 8. But they also showed the smaller Gerber Myth Compact fixed blad which is a 8cm or 3 1/8th inch blade that was small and flexible and appeared suitable for washing unlike the wood of the gerber ! :yes:

Looking though there new product catalog : http://www.gerbergear.co.uk/content/download/42836/491747/file/2012_Gerber_Int'l_Product_Guide.pdf

Pages: 36,39,41 and 42 all look rather nice :good: I wonder what there cost will be though...... which is esp important as i did also liked the look of the new leatherman OHT one hand multi-tool as my current multi tool is US ! :oops:

What are others experiences of gerber ? I hear there warenty is excellent ! :good:

Edited by salop sniper

Hiya mate, the link doesnt seem to work dont know if it its just me. I've had a Gerber 22-41121 for about 3 months and its great for what I use it for skinning bunnies or what ever I want to use it for its good for all weather with a rubber handle and matt black blade and the leg holster is also fantastic. Kind of hoping I dont need to use the warrenty as I fetched it from the states and I must say for a lot less than what it would cost here. $45 dollars as apposed to £70. Anyway dont think youll go wrong with a gerber mate but like anything you'll get someonw with a bad story to tell.

ATB