Shiny new Defender, Engine pics

docholiday

how many bhp is the new engine ?

nice motor by the way

According to an article i read on the web same power and torque as the older larger unit

http://www.landrover.com/gb/en/lr/about-land-rover/land-rover-news/new-diesel-engine-powers-the-cleanest-ever-defender-for-2012/

The new EU5 2.2-litre diesel engine replaces the EU4 2.4-litre diesel while matching it for power, torque and fuel consumption. A new, full acoustic engine cover replaces the previous splash cover, reducing radiated engine noise and improving driving refinement. Meeting EU5 regulations, the engine delivers lower levels of the regulated emissions, NOx, CO and HC thanks to an improved combustion system and sophisticated engine management system. In EU5 markets, particulate matter has been reduced to EU5 levels with a diesel particulate filter (DPF).

... lower emmisions (still quite high) at 295g/km for the 110!

First year rates - cars registered on or after 1 April 2010 (based on fuel type and CO2 emissions)

M Over 255 £1,000.00 (12 months tax) Not available (6 months Tax)

Edited by HDAV

She's beautiful Doc . Big boned and child bearing hips ,a real country girl . She will serve you for many years . If you want her trained ,send her to Nofolk for a couple of weeks I promise to look after her .

Harnser .

I will send her down only if I can come with her, shes keen to get down and dirty

Some funny comments from the rice burner drivers here. Well done Doc, she looks wonderful and will surely still be worth a good few quid long after all those nissans, mitsi's, suzuki's, toyota's & isuzu's have been recycled into something infinitely less likely to depreciate like a bean can or a pickle fork.

My own 300 tdi celebrates its 15th birthday this year and hasn't broken down once nor missed a days service in all those years.

Some funny comments from the rice burner drivers here. Well done Doc, she looks wonderful and will surely still be worth a good few quid long after all those nissans, mitsi's, suzuki's, toyota's & isuzu's have been recycled into something infinitely less likely to depreciate like a bean can or a pickle fork.

My own 300 tdi celebrates its 15th birthday this year and hasn't broken down once nor missed a days service in all those years.

Cheers Mick. Thats the idea, Only insured for 4000 miles a year, only for shooting and fishing, I plan on keeping her for at least 15 years, or the end of my shooting days.

Lovely looking bit of kit....i fix my old 2.5 20 something year old wait for it TURBO-DEISEL with a hammer and chisel, have worn out 2 hammers but the enjine is going fine.....dont want to by a new one as if there is a nuclear war the old girl will still be going as an electronic magnetic pulse will knock out all the enjine managment systems of all other cars....thats my excuse anyway, nothing to do with envy...enjoy it ....

Lovely looking bit of kit....i fix my old 2.5 20 something year old wait for it TURBO-DEISEL with a hammer and chisel, have worn out 2 hammers but the enjine is going fine.....dont want to by a new one as if there is a nuclear war the old girl will still be going as an electronic magnetic pulse will knock out all the enjine managment systems of all other cars....thats my excuse anyway, nothing to do with envy...enjoy it ....