2 hours on drilling

crowcaller

set up on a barley drill, 2 big fields sown after watching crows and pigeons feeding was about to set up when farmer came and started 2 roll the sowing,so set up on the secound field , not as mutch cover on this one but set hide against a high bank, got a pigeon , and the shot disturbed some crows that passed the deeks wide,after a 20 mmin,lull a crow came from behind and i shot it . put it on flapper and it made a big differance, crows came in to deeks with confidance,i shot some nice birds but missed some that i should have got, ended up with 15 crows and a woodie, would have had more if i had set up earlier, all the crows were carrion crows.

What area do you live in, just wondered when you say : "all the crows were carrion crows"

Here in the UK we have crows ( carrion crow corvus carone and hooded crows ) do you get hoodies ?

no hoodies round were we live jackdaws, rooks, and carrion crows .i live in cheshire. thanks for looking at post.

Friend and I was on Barley Drilling this morning, having received a call from the farmer in the week. In four hours we ended up with 100 picked crows and rooks as well as 9 pigeon - all for 186 shots.

First outing since the game season finished, now have the pleasure of sore shoulder.