Choosing a gun - Which Miroku is which?

Davva

Which is your preference?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you buy?

• Miroku Grade 5
    • Browning 525 Grade 1
    • Beretta Silver pigeon 1

best gun is the one that fits and suits you best!

The MK60 fitted like a glove, really liked it too.... was much nicer than the 525 Citori white lightening I've been looking at.... The Beretta is really nice too, my mate has one, but I find it too "thin" if that makes sense?!?

So what's the real difference between the 60 & 70 apart from the fixed/choked construction? :hmm:

I have a 525 and and would rather have GD5 MK38.... but surely they are different ball parks? SP1 £1k 525 £1k GD5 MK38 in decent nick MC got be almost £2k?

Looking at new prices:

525 £1350

Beretta £1250

Miroku £2400

Approx

I was just wondering what people thought.

Worked hard & waited a long time for this... think I want a new one!!

I'm sure you have and if that's what you want go for it.

Personally I would go for a higher grade used, something like a 325 gd6 shot one once amazing gun absolutely gorgeous!

Why not consider the new 725 browning?

Edited by HDAV

325 gd6 shot one once amazing gun absolutely gorgeous!

I did find a good condition B25 for sale at £1800 which is a consideration

Why not consider the new 725 browning?

I ordered one a couple of months ago, it arrived, I didn't like it, feel/fit was wrong.

Gutted really as I was sold on it following the pre-release reviews. <_<

I did find a good condition B25 for sale at £1800 which is a consideration

Now thats a gun!

I ordered one a couple of months ago, it arrived, I didn't like it, feel/fit was wrong.

Gutted really as I was sold on it following the pre-release reviews. <_<

Sporter or game?

the MK60 is a fixed choke model available in game or sporter, they brought out a "universal" version a few years ago which was supposed to be between the two.

the MK70 is a multi choke version of the same gun, same engraving same everything basically, just with invecor chokes, again available as game or sporter.

The MK38 WAS originally a trap gun ( 3800) many people altered the stocks and opened the chokes or got them multi choked. Now the MK 38 is available in trap ( higher comb and fixed chokes). The MK38 sporter now uses teague chokes which are the invector plus threads. these are a longer choke and a wider barrel than the nominal 12 bore size, this according to the literature makes the gun pattern better and reduces recoil. Basically all the top manufacturers now over bore their sporters because of the benefits (optimabore for beretta, invector plus for browning/ miroku). So essentially there is no mechanical difference between the guns, only their barrels. I guess they could just have two models and have a trap game and sporter version but i suppose this wouldnt help their market share. Iv had two miroku's iv a browning and a beretta, trust me on this the miroku's are brilliant guns you wont go wrong with one. (mines a Gd5 MK60 in 20bore) much nicer in the higher grades for not that much more

I've always been a Beretta man, but the O/U's just don't fit me, I bought an MK38 and never looked back. I think almost anything Beretta Browning or Miroku is going to be good just get what fits you and you like. The grade 5 Mirokus look loverly but the grade 1 shoots exactly the same.

the MK60 is a fixed choke model available in game or sporter, they brought out a "universal" version a few years ago which was supposed to be between the two.

the MK70 is a multi choke version of the same gun, same engraving same everything basically, just with invecor chokes, again available as game or sporter.

The MK38 WAS originally a trap gun ( 3800) many people altered the stocks and opened the chokes or got them multi choked. Now the MK 38 is available in trap ( higher comb and fixed chokes). The MK38 sporter now uses teague chokes which are the invector plus threads. these are a longer choke and a wider barrel than the nominal 12 bore size, this according to the literature makes the gun pattern better and reduces recoil. Basically all the top manufacturers now over bore their sporters because of the benefits (optimabore for beretta, invector plus for browning/ miroku). So essentially there is no mechanical difference between the guns, only their barrels. I guess they could just have two models and have a trap game and sporter version but i suppose this wouldnt help their market share. Iv had two miroku's iv a browning and a beretta, trust me on this the miroku's are brilliant guns you wont go wrong with one. (mines a Gd5 MK60 in 20bore) much nicer in the higher grades for not that much more

Great reply, thanks :good:

The comb on the MK70 is lower than on the MK38 so suits taller people with long thin necks, and both come in sporter models as over_kill says.

I'm taller with a long fat neck....... :lol:

http://www.browningint.com/catalogues/2011/m/ try this link, will explain all

Excellent, had a read & found out some stuff I didn't know like some of the sporter/game/trap models are the same weight.... So recoils won't change choice considerations etc

The grade 5 Mirokus look lovely but the grade 1 shoots exactly the same.

Definitely, I just wanted something "special" without finding £15k under a stone (& not being able to shoot straight with it). I think the Miroku Gd5's are a bargain compared to other manufacturers - Browning's with similar wood start around £10 2nd hand!!!!!!!! :o and the Beretta's aren't far behind.... I have found a lovely DT10 EELL Sporter at York Guns for £11700.... again, where's that stone?? :P

Beretta SV 10 might be worth s look there are also some custom mirokus the "coley" and the Brierly bloxham special

In a recent write up this gun came up very well against the dt10 for a third the price. However for the same price as a dt10, you'd buy 2 grade 5 mk38 sporters. In which case you could wear out the first one after 10 years and replace it with a now bargain. Oh the indecision :hmm::lol: