Choosing a gun - Which Miroku is which?

Davva

Which is your preference?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you buy?

• Miroku Grade 5
    • Browning 525 Grade 1
    • Beretta Silver pigeon 1

Had a few O/U's , Beretta / Browning / Lanber, got my MK38 Teague 3yrs ago.

Never looked back, never had a problem, the fit is great so my shooting improved.

Take a look at the Sporting Gun website, best Top 10 Sporters, you'll be surprised.

I shot a Gd5 last summer, beautiful gun to look at, made no difference to my shooting.

I did find a good condition B25 for sale at £1800 which is a consideration

Now you are talking - if you can find a good B25, stop looking at the modern cheap value engineered copy of John Moses famous gun and buy the real thing. If having a multichoke is important to you, send the B25 off to nigel teague for him to do his thing.

Had a long chat with my local gunsmith today - Looks like the best fit for me is a 525 Sporter/MK70 Sporter with a small adjustment bend to be done on the stock for a perfect fit. He then started talking about fitting my favourite Miroku MK38 Grade 6 wood to a Browning 525 prestige gun and Miroku Teagued 32" barrels, which would be "best choice" gun once the stock was bent........ Confusing!

Just waiting for a price! :lol:

If your having miroku woodwork and miroku barrels, why browning action?

The engraving is amazing on the 525 action and quite plain on the Miroku - It was his suggestion, I hadn't even thought about the bits being interchangeable.. Just basically making the gun I wanted from 3 others, can't imagine it's very cost effective for him or me, but I'll find out friday!

As appears on previous, the MK60,70 and MK38 are all derivatives of previous models, for example; the Miroku 800 became the 3800 which became the MK38.

The ORE 600 became the 6000, which became the MK60. Miroku modelled their range on the early Browning. But have re-tooled and re-modelled their actions, therfore earlier barrels wont fit later actions.

It is all about comfort and particular use. I use MK38 g5 sporter and trap guns. Tried everything including SO grade Berettas and wasted money on route. And yes I would shed tears if I bang the stocks, so I take care. Also have a fabulous 800SW skeet which I can't shoot! hence for sale on these pages. For game I borrow a 7000 grade 3 multi 28 inch, great gun, superb handling........ handle a few, try different barrel lengths, 32inch is a big barrel for sporting clays on a Miroku, it is your pref that counts.

Had a long chat with my local gunsmith today - Looks like the best fit for me is a 525 Sporter/MK70 Sporter with a small adjustment bend to be done on the stock for a perfect fit. He then started talking about fitting my favourite Miroku MK38 Grade 6 wood to a Browning 525 prestige gun and Miroku Teagued 32" barrels, which would be "best choice" gun once the stock was bent........ Confusing!

Just waiting for a price! :lol:

Who is your local gunsmith? might as well get a 32" browning prestige?

Who is your local gunsmith? might as well get a 32" browning prestige?

Ladds in Crediton. He recommended a Prestige, one he'd just taken in P/X but I didn't like the wood....

Browning Grade 5 and Miroku Grade 5 are NOT the same.... not that I have seen anyway, the Miroku 5 is amazing!

How do they get around the barrels and action having different serial numbers?I like the idea of this but I think your going to end up costing me a fortune when I go to get my next gun lol!

Ermmmmm :oops: Maybe I mis-understood him... He's offered an hour fit/shoot/chat on Friday - I will clarify.

Edited by Davva

Ladds in Crediton. He recommended a Prestige, one he'd just taken in P/X but I didn't like the wood....

Browning Grade 5 and Miroku Grade 5 are NOT the same.... not that I have seen anyway, the Miroku 5 is amazing!

Seems a lot of faff when you could just wait for the right gun to come up, your not too far from UK Gun Repairs in Wellington well worth giving them a call and having a chat 01823 650887 (and a visit to see the stunning wood! that's in blanks and you can have custom made to fit....(on any actgion/barrel combo you choose!)

Edited by HDAV