Patterns

lazza

Hiya All

I've just been out watching a few birds on some drill, their constantly moving across the field in small groups in no particular direction or shape.The birds that are landing, are coming in all over the place. When I'm out decoying I use mainly the standard patterns.Do you think I should try putting out small groups of birds & try & simulate what I've seen?  :what:

Hi Lazza.

Tough one this.  On one hand it makes sense to imitate what the birds are doing naturally, as the whole idea of deeks is to look as natural as possible.  On the other hand, you say the birds are coming in from all over the place and using a standard pattern might allow you to channel them where you want them.

Give it a go and let the rest of us know how you get on.

Steve  :angry:

Hello Lazza,

as you know,pigeons always 'leapfrog' each other to be at the front of the queue.If this is what they are doing,try setting up a couple of groups of birds in line,with one or two singles in front of each group,preferably with your pecker at the front(No, not THAT pecker,Kev says even a pigeon would'nt spot that!) This should simulate keen birds eager to get a feed...........let me know how you get on mate. :angry:

Thanks Guy's

I'll give the different patterns a go! I just checked my Pecker,and made sure it was working Ok, as it's had alot of use lately & got soaked last time I used it! I found that when I put it along side Kev's it was quite a bit larger  :angry:  :angry: (not that I spent too much time looking  :0 ) but it works fine! Look forward to the new pattern as I have'nt seen that one before!

Looks like Lazza is dreaming again!  he has always lived in a fantasy world (PM) :laugh:

Not saying Lazza’s pecker is small but last time in the bog at the pub he was doing his usually look over the shoulder and said "You must have a good one your holding it with four fingers" so I replied "so are you" to which Lazza answered "yea put I'm ******* on three of them!!!!".

:angry: