Pigeon magnets

Bargee

Have been out about 4 or 5 times in the last month mainly over flailed cover crops and more recently rape. Each time i've started with the whirly only to watch pigeons flare. I've then taken it down and have had some good days with two flappers and shell decoys. Haven't had this problem in previous years... Has anyone else found this....

Was thinking of investing in a turbo flapper........ Wondered if people had had any success with them?

Have been out about 4 or 5 times in the last month mainly over flailed cover crops and more recently rape. Each time i've started with the whirly only to watch pigeons flare. I've then taken it down and have had some good days with two flappers and shell decoys. Haven't had this problem in previous years... Has anyone else found this....

Was thinking of investing in a turbo flapper........ Wondered if people had had any success with them?

I've had great success with a turbo flapper but I've had great days with magnet to I find if the birds flare then it's not in the right place so just move it whether it's to the other side of the pattern or just a couple of metres can make all the difference . Good luck with it

Sometimes they work others times birds pull away,For me they always seem to work brilliantly when used in a growing crop three inches tall and above,as with all decoying if it don't work try something else,Magnets are just another tool in a pigeon shooter arsenal

I don't really understand the problems some people have with magnets. I don't think i've ever experiened days where pigeons continuously veer off from the pattern. I must have shot around 50 100+ days using a magnet and several other good bags,too.

A magnet isn't needed, but on many occasions i believe i wouldn't have got half as many pigeons without one.

turbo flapper great piece of kit use mine all the time never used a magnet tho

I don't really understand the problems some people have with magnets. I don't think i've ever experiened days where pigeons continuously veer off from the pattern. I must have shot around 50 100+ days using a magnet and several other good bags,too.

A magnet isn't needed, but on many occasions i believe i wouldn't have got half as many pigeons without one.

Do you use dead pigeons on your magnets or air pro decoys??

I use dead birds 99% of the time. If i have no dead birds then i use hypa flaps.

I alway used to use dead birds and to be fair had more success but had trouble with the cradles bending under the weight of the birds. May be i need to go back to dead birds and get the cradles re welded???