alcohol minimum price

dazsl

does the government think a 40p a unit pricing is going to stop people drinking or is it to line there rich friends pockets.

welcome back to the booze cruise :drinks:

or how about , if your a registard alchoholic claiming benefits you get about £30 a week extra to fund your addiction :oops:

i wonder which genius thought this one up

or how about , if your a registard alchoholic claiming benefits you get about £30 a week extra to fund your addiction :oops:

don't no but up to the doctors i go oh forgot im working

Edited by dazsl

Its not meant to line anyone's pockets. They've just finally woken up to the disaster of Blair's bonfire of the licensing laws. Giving a Celt or an Anglo-Saxon free access to very cheap alcohol round the clock won't turn him into a mincing French glass sniffer, just a puke-soaked dribbling mess who likes the sound of his own voice and thinks he can fight.

If they're really serious about tackling alcoholism abolish duty altogether, make booze cheaper than water and withdraw free medical treatment for diseases caused by drinking. Those who are stupid enough to drink themselves to death should be encouraged to get on with it. That's natural selection, don't fight it.

Its not meant to line anyone's pockets. They've just finally woken up to the disaster of Blair's bonfire of the licensing laws. Giving a Celt or an Anglo-Saxon free access to very cheap alcohol round the clock won't turn him into a mincing French glass sniffer, just a puke-soaked dribbling mess who likes the sound of his own voice and thinks he can fight.

If they're really serious about tackling alcoholism abolish duty altogether, make booze cheaper than water and withdraw free medical treatment for diseases caused by drinking. Those who are stupid enough to drink themselves to death should be encouraged to get on with it. That's natural selection, don't fight it.

Class response there Gimlet! having lost someone close to me to alcoholism I take offence to your misinformed retarded response! being an architect and being well respected in his field of work he was FAR from stupid m8 :sly: addicted yes but not stupid.

For what its worth I think the minimum pricing will have very little effect overall :( Those of us that can drink sensibly just end up spending more for our favourite tipple!

:stupid:

Spot on squire.

Whilst the quip about letting people who want to drink themselves to death was a touch blunt, I get it - after all there is education and treatment available for free and for any addiction, there's those who can't and won't be helped.

The key is that as a nation we have shown that when given 24/7 drinking and cheap booze we don't head off with our families to local cafes to drink modest amounts of low % wine, eat and talk about what's in the Guardian, no we smash it up on high strength booze and our police stations and A&E departments show this.

Spot on squire.

Whilst the quip about letting people who want to drink themselves to death was a touch blunt, I get it - after all there is education and treatment available for free and for any addiction, there's those who can't and won't be helped.

The key is that as a nation we have shown that when given 24/7 drinking and cheap booze we don't head off with our families to local cafes to drink modest amounts of low % wine, eat and talk about what's in the Guardian, no we smash it up on high strength booze and our police stations and A&E departments show this.

Class response there Gimlet! having lost someone close to me to alcoholism I take offence to your misinformed retarded response! being an architect and being well respected in his field of work he was FAR from stupid m8 :sly: addicted yes but not stupid.

For what its worth I think the minimum pricing will have very little effect overall :( Those of us that can drink sensibly just end up spending more for our favourite tipple!

Class has got nothing to do with it.

Alcoholism isn't a disease, its a behaviour pattern embarked upon by choice and which requires persistent willful repetition to become addiction. It doesn't jump down your throat on its own and addiction does not grip you with the first sip. The decline is slow with plenty of warning signs along the way which ought to instil restraint.

I'm sorry you lost someone to drink, but I stand by what I said. The person may not be stupid but their behaviour certainly is and their demise should serve as a dire warning.

Equally stupid was the decision by the previous Government to promote drinking as a lifestyle choice. What did they think would happen?

If the present Government really wants to do something useful it might ask why so many of the population in this overcrowded, overpriced, overregulated country feel they need to anaesthetize themselves with alcohol just to get through everyday life.

And I stand by the removal of free medical treatment for drinkers. Heavy drinking should be socially unacceptable and something to be shunned. At the moment its an industry and a public sport.

they also do the same if yr a drug addict.this system just promots drug and alcahol abuse as i hear it all the time from people i know (if i regester as i,m a addict i get moor benifits) :hmm::hmm:

they also do the same if yr a drug addict.this system just promots drug and alcahol abuse as i hear it all the time from people i know (if i regester as i,m a addict i get moor benifits) :hmm::hmm:

Quite.

What shall we do with someone addicted to drink and drugs who is homeless and has nothing to live for except getting smashed.

I know, we'll give them money. Genius. Pure genius.