Jocky Wilson

mfletch

JOCKY was old school darts 20 pints 20 cigs and a curry,The way it was meant to be.. R.I.P JOCKY. :drinks:

Him and Eric bristow did a display event at my Footy club late 70,s early 80.s..I was given the task of looking after Jocky for the evening and My Brother Eric.

I went to the cigarette machine in the bar and got three 20 packs of Embassy Cigs for him just for the one evening. There must have been over 100 dog ends in the ash tray by the Oche at the end of evening... No wonder he had COPD :yes:

he had a wicked sence of humour but was a bit agressive when ******...mind you arent all Scots.

Bristow was so far up his own **** he probaby couldnt see the sun...both used to hold the darts and Ciggy in one hand whilst playing. :lol:

I attended some exhibition matches with him around '84/85 and sank a few ales with him, never tried to keep up though!! He used to drink Stella with a shot of voddy chucked in. I beat him once at the arrows fair and square with a 154 finish. My claim to fame!! RIP to a thoroughly nice bloke.

Nige

Yes I remember him quite well. When He was playing at Wembley he used to come and drink in the Black Horse pub in old Eastcote. Why there I can't imagine except that somebody said he knew the landlord. He really was a heavy smoker and drinker. I'm suprised he lived as long as he did.

I remember Top of The Pops in the 80's (I think 80's) made a **** up when they had Dexys Midnight Runners singing 'Jackie Wilson Says' on the show. They had a picture of Jocky Wilson up behind the band.

RIP Jocky. He seemed like a nice fella