SGC grant

wildone

They will come and inspect your cabinet if it's fitted, talk about gun safety rar rar rar and that is about it!! it's really nothing to worry about. If you are getting your cabinet before the visit I'd get a 5 gun plus which will except rifles too as it's the way most people go good luck

The advice by sharpshooter is good, get a 5 gun deep cabinate as you might soon need it, getting a deep and a 5 gun one is ideal future proofing as who knows you may end up getting a air riffle at the least. If not the deep cabinate allows you to lock up some of your cartridges, the Brattonsound RL5+ is a good starting point.

The interview is very relaxed and as said its to talk about gun safety, will probally ask whare you intend shooting and what you want to shoot. They will check the gabinate out if fitted or if not the best place to put it, which can vary house to house and area you are in. If they spot a security problem with the house like poor door security they will advise on how to improve it(not sure if its a requirement to do before the licence is granted).

If you have declared things on your form like medical history they could go over that with you, just to make sure they are happy with you. As said tea and biscuits go down a treat.

I have to echo the previous comments. It's all over before you know it. A cuppa and biccies always go down well.

They'll run through your responses on the application form. They'll generally ask you about gun safety, shooting experience and, whether you are a member of any shooting clubs. More often than not they'll ask about who lives with you and, who has keys to the house. During my interview, I showed the FEO around the house and pointed out deadbolts, window locks, alarm sensors, etc. When he asked me about the gun cabinet, I had to point out that he was stood just two feet away from it. Once all the ticks were in the relevent boxes, he chatted for a couple of mins whilst he finished his cuppa. After giving me his phone number he went on his way.

When the FEO called my referee, he just asked whether he'd signed the form of his own free will and asked him to reconfirm his contact details and the length of time that he'd known me.

Put the kettle on and stock up on biscuits, other than that just answer the couple of questions he asks sensibelly and it is over. No biggie.

Everyone has the right to own a shotgun.

Good luck :good:

Edited by -oXo-