Another Newbie from Gloucestershire

SakoQuad

Just a quick post to say hello to everyone. I enjoy all forms of shooting from formal target shooting .22 Air & rimfire, through quarry shooting with rifle and shotgun to clay shooting. Looking at many of the scores and bags on this site I have a loooong way to go though am meeting with some success at the target shooting.

This looks like an excellent place to learn from the experts! :shoot:

Just a quick post to say hello to everyone. I enjoy all forms of shooting from formal target shooting .22 Air & rimfire, through quarry shooting with rifle and shotgun to clay shooting. Looking at many of the scores and bags on this site I have a loooong way to go though am meeting with some success at the target shooting.

This looks like an excellent place to learn from the experts! :shoot:

:lol:

Yeah plenty to learn from. Welcome to the site :good:

Welcome :welcomeani: thinking about trying target myself,do you shoot at a club?

Thanks for welcome. I do shoot at a club, Glevum Target & Sports at Brookthorpe. If you google them they have a website with a lot of info. Membership is not cheap but pretty good facilities and we hope the fees might get reduced later in the year. You would be welcome to pay a visit if you wanted to. They shoot air rifle, air pistol, rim fire (ranges cleared for pistol calibres up to .44) and have a crossbow & archery section. I am on the desk on Monday evenings 6pm till around 7.30 when someone else takes over, let me know, I'd be pleased to show you around!

There are also other clubs around county many who just shoot prone target but others like Leonard Stanley and Tetbury who also do other disciplines - more info here https://sites.google.com/site/gloucsra/home or google gloucestershire association smallbore rifle.