Sign in to follow this  
Pykie

Corvid MacNab??

Just curious, but who has taken all five of the legal corvids (carrion crow, rook, jackdaw, jay and magpie) in one day? I have shot four out of the five many times but never got them all in one day.

Good question. Id be very surprised if anyone has done this , very difficult to achieve.

Ive shot crow, rook and jackdaw same day as have most people.

Ive had jay and magpies same day.

11.jpg

Good question. Id be very surprised if anyone has done this , very difficult to achieve.

Ive shot crow, rook and jackdaw same day as have most people.

Ive had jay and magpies same day.

11.jpg

I've had 4 out of 5 but Jay's are pretty rare around here. :good:

Yeah its often the jay that lets me down too. Iv shot crow, jackdaw, rook, magpie in a single day a few times, once with woodpigeon, a rat and a fox cub too :good:

What do we win if we pull it off?? ;)

A large can of Lovey Dovey Pigeon Pheromone Attractant Spray as advertised and endorsed by Teal!

A large can of Lovey Dovey Pigeon Pheromone Attractant Spray as advertised and endorsed by Teal!

Gutted, not many pigeons in my parts.... apart form those ferals that feed on kebab meat in Bangor hight street

i have done it :) several years ago now . i was out shootin as usual , shot jackdaw and jay

early on in the day, followed by magpie and crow :yes: then i realised what i could do.

all 5 corvids in a day :o all i needed was a rook :D had to go to 2 differant permision's but

i got it and completed the set B) :D B) never done it since :( but i have shot 4 many times.

the jay is the hardest to get, once that is bagged the others are easy. i got lucky in baggin a jay and jackdaw very early on in the day. the rest just followed. B)

ha ha sounds a good idea start small then up to the largest quarry poor mans macnab call it

Ive done a real budget macnab, end of season roe doe in the morning, a day on a stocked loch (resulting in 3 rainbows) and then some pigeons at a roost shoot the same evening :good:

as far as crows goe, Ive had rook, carrion, jackdaw and jay in a day but never a magpie

Edited by nathanhutchison