Gun depreciation....

Willow32

Gents ,

Unfortunatly my over and under needs replacing due to a crack in the stock , due to cash flo this is not straight forward.

I purchased last year for my birthday a Beretta A400 Xplor light, now it looks like I will need to sell it or trade it in .What want to know is how much do you think would be an acceptable trade in price ?....do the new semi autos hold there price like the old ones?.

Regards

Willow32

Gents ,

Unfortunatly my over and under needs replacing due to a crack in the stock , due to cash flo this is not straight forward.

I purchased last year for my birthday a Beretta A400 Xplor light, now it looks like I will need to sell it or trade it in .What want to know is how much do you think would be an acceptable trade in price ?....do the new semi autos hold there price like the old ones?.

Regards

Willow32

You tend to lose a third as soon as you leave the shop,dont forget the twenty per cent vat you pay is dead money :hmm:

Guest Mr Pieman

Generally, Berettas hold their value very well on the second hand market, driven by the company raising prices every year. So, if you gun is shiny and well looked after, you should be able to get a good price for it :good:

well if he cracked stock he could throw it away and buy a new one :good: instead he went the expensive route and now he has lost out big time :blink: each to there own!

Another unnecessary and un helpful reply with a more than a hint of jealousy :yes:

Willow, sorry to hear your on hard times., happens to us all. Fenboy has given some good advice. You could ask either a gunsmith or a good joiner. Some of the glues these days are as good if not better than the original wood. You could also look on evilbay. You don't say what your o/u is, but a lot of stocks do come up. As for the Beretta, if you want to sell,start as high as you think reasonable, you can always come down :yes:

ATB

T33

Edited by turbo33

If you look up Straightshooter on this site, you will see that very few stocks cannot be repaired. From what I have seen, they look better than they did before. It is an option I would seriously consider. Good luck.

Spot on Gordon, completely forgot. Good call :good: :good:

If you look up Straightshooter on this site, you will see that very few stocks cannot be repaired. From what I have seen, they look better than they did before. It is an option I would seriously consider. Good luck.

If Straightshooter cannot help I'd try UK Gun Repairs My link Dennis and/or Chris will repair it.

well if he cracked stock he could throw it away and buy a new one :good: instead he went the expensive route and now he has lost out big time :blink: each to there own!

Except it's not the Beretta that's broken, at no point has the cost of the broken gun been mentioned so how do you judge that the expensive route was taken? Reading the post fully is generally an advantage.

Speak with Straightshooter Willow, he's done some amazing repairs.

Another vote for Straightshooter's work. He worked his magic on my EELL's woodwork.

I disagree with guns going down in value, 20 years back i paid £950 for the EELL. This gun was 6weeks old & fired only 150 shells.

Some 10years on, PX was £2000 on a new one at £2700 but declined because it felt just the same as mine! Whats it worth today?

A quality gun will always go up in price in time.

fenman99

do you still have your 400 for sale have you come up with a price .

send me a pic if your split stock i have repaired a few in the passed .

what part of the world are you wheres rushden ?

i am looking to buy a berretta 400 soon but dont like the idea of loseing all that dosh buying new

Gents,

Cheers for the replies , the gun with a cracked stock is a Browning Medalist,now I know this is not a top of the range gun but it fits a treat...and I think that is more important than a name.

I have decided that I will keep the Beretta and do the old fashion thing of putting a bit of money away each month to a gun fund / repair fund.

At the moment its a hair line crack so it is still usable.

I will also send the photo to a couple of people who said they could repair it....

Cheers

Willow 32