Caesar Guerini Essex Limited

snipe

Took the plunge and decided to purchase this gun that was listed a few weeks back:

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/200530-guerini-caesar-essex-limited-30-12-gauge/page__p__1717116__hl__%2Bcaesar+%2Bguerini__fromsearch__1#entry1717116

Boy am I glad I did! I am currently selling my browning and wanted to upgrade to something on a par with my SPV, which I love. Thought the above gun would be a close match, but how wrong I was. I am a huge Beretta fan (Xtrema, SPV, and a SPS), so please don’t think I’m slating Beretta, but certainly raising some points to consider if you are in the market for a new gun and instantly think you have to have a Beretta, which I have been guilty of in the past.

The Guerini retails for around £2800, the Beretta? Not sure, but certainly retailed for over £2k. However, the difference in quality is instantly noticeable to the degree that I would gladly get rid of my SPV for another of the same! It feels like quality, especially when compared to comparable gun in the Beretta range. I’m sorry to say, but the Beretta feels flimsy, loose and lost when compared to the Guerini.

Only down side I can make out thus far is that it doesn’t take steel shot, which is odd and annoying in this day and age. Other than that I would urge you to check one out if you’re in the market for a new gun.

The normal downsides that’s pointed out is a. poor after sales (which I have experienced over email i.e. no reply. However, their phone service was fantastic – this was to find out if the gun was steel shot proof, so hardly something too taxing) and b. they won’t hold their value as well as a Beretta. This, I am not really worried about, as I will get rid of my Beretta before I get rid of my Guerini!

Any other Guerini fans out there? Anyone else found the same?

Snipe.

Have been looking at getting one of these myself, was worried it would just be a hand engraved rizzini basically. As in cheaply made nicely engraved? I like a lot of the little touches they offer, solid rib, anon forend and a copy wooden butt plate. Saw some that had a silver trigger too, gold triggers I just think look ****, gold wears off and looks tacky. Moan over lol

Have been looking at getting one of these myself, was worried it would just be a hand engraved rizzini basically. As in cheaply made nicely engraved? I like a lot of the little touches they offer, solid rib, anon forend and a copy wooden butt plate. Saw some that had a silver trigger too, gold triggers I just think look ****, gold wears off and looks tacky. Moan over lol

Agree about the trigger, wj939, would have preferred silver too.

As for the engraving; have never seen the Rizzinis, sorry, so can't compare with that work. Here's the engraving on my Guerini though, again, miles better than what I have on my SPV:

_H1U4031-800.jpg

_H1U4032-800.jpg

_H1U4027-800.jpg

_H1U4029-800.jpg

Was looking for an excuse to use my new lens! :)

Snipe.

Very nice. Iv heard good reviews about them but I take little notice, iv not read many bad reviews. Might just of convinced me away from another beretta or a gd5 miroku. Good luck with it!

Thanks, much appreciated. Honestly, if it wasn't for the fact that the SPV does take steel shot and the Guerini doesn't then I would almost certainly sell it for anther Guerini, I really am that impressed. Seems pretty stupid that they didn't make them steel shot proof nowadays though. :hmm:

Yes I've got a guerini. I think the build quality and finish is great. I like beretta's and I have one also, but I do think the guerini is very nicely made. Some people don't seem to like them. Don't know why though. Won't be selling mine in a hurry anyway.

Thanks RFB. Good to have someone in the same mindset. Good luck with yours.

Snipe.

I like the fact that most people prefer beretta / Brownings... It keeps guns like the CG's and top end Rizzini's a bit more special in that not everyone has one!

Beautiful gun!

You are so right, I have a sp and was looking to get a spv or a EL. But if I can find one of these for the right money I will take a very serious look.

• 7 years later...

I invested in one in the spring. The Maxum with 20 and 28 bore 32” barrels. Only had one outing on partridges two weeks ago but a few thousand clays and it does handle well. I chopped in my two macnabs for a left handed gun that is not too light. I have a frozen shoulder and wanted to shoot one medium weight gun rather than keep chopping and changing. So far I am delighted and the woodwork, like nearly all of them, is to die for.