At last a photo

docholiday

Well folks had a bad run with health, had a leg in plaster, developed a DVT and a pulmonary embolus, thought my number was up, but after 6 days in the Cardiac High Dependency Unit, and a couple of days on the wards I am back home alive and recovering. have missed the photography and all your work so its good to be back, albeit just taking shots in the garden from the kitchen, off work for the next two months so the forum will help pass the time,

It may only be a House sparrow but its a big step for me. hope to get some more shots and get out into the forrest again in the near future.

ps still havnt been able to drive the new Land Rover yet, will report as soon as I do

David

bf540e23.jpg

Edited by docholiday

Sounds rough Doc, chin up and hoping you'll be well soon. Nice sparrow :good:

If you can't get about much perhaps you could have a play with macro lenses instead ? I have little experience myself, but have played with two zoom lenses joined front-to-front with a threaded ring, it works ( of sorts ) if you haven't got a pukka macro lens.

Sounds rough Doc, chin up and hoping you'll be well soon. Nice sparrow :good:

If you can't get about much perhaps you could have a play with macro lenses instead ? I have little experience myself, but have played with two zoom lenses joined front-to-front with a threaded ring, it works ( of sorts ) if you haven't got a pukka macro lens.

Cheers, going to try some butterflies getting withdrawal symptoms from shooting though, going to join the Christchurch Gun Club, have my interview etc this sunday

I know we have not seen "eye to eye" but sorry to hear you have been through the mill somewhat,

hope things pick up for you, oh and nice pic by the way, I am lucky in that my garden is usually full of the little blighter's fighting and generally making mayhem,

KW

All the very best for a speedy and thorough recovery - have missed the pics. Glad we are not to miss them permanently.

Take time in recovery - there's plently of stuff to shoot out there which isnt going anywhere.

I know we have not seen "eye to eye" but sorry to hear you have been through the mill somewhat,

hope things pick up for you, oh and nice pic by the way, I am lucky in that my garden is usually full of the little blighter's fighting and generally making mayhem,

KW

Cheers, got to remember its just the internet, we cant all agree on everything.

I am sure we would get on just fine if we ever meet up.

Doc

Edited by docholiday

Well folks had a bad run with health, had a leg in plaster, developed a DVT and a pulmonary embolus, thought my number was up, but after 6 days in the Cardiac High Dependency Unit, and a couple of days on the wards I am back home alive and recovering. have missed the photography and all your work so its good to be back, albeit just taking shots in the garden from the kitchen, off work for the next two months so the forum will help pass the time,

It may only be a House sparrow but its a big step for me. hope to get some more shots and get out into the forrest again in the near future.

ps still havnt been able to drive the new Land Rover yet, will report as soon as I do

David

bf540e23.jpg

Fantastic photograph and a speedy road to fitness.