Webley Vulcan restoration

beerdeor

Evening all I recently purchased a Vulcan from a member on here it was looking really sorry for its self rusty barrels and action

It had even had a breif session in a fire

So I stripped her all down sanded the stock back and applied plenty coats of oil.

While doing this I deblued all the metal work stripped and degreased all the mechanism, polished the piston and barrel

replaced the main spring and seals

I then set about reblueing the barrel and mechasism,which turned out to be a fairly painless task(and turned out quite good)

So she is all back together now with a failry decnt scope,purchased from another forum member.I think I have found a new hobby

so if you have any old unwanted unloved air rifles laying around I may well buy them

Anyway here is a pic or two.I welcome your comments good or bad

thanks for reading

atb Jim

P1000124.jpg

P1000122.jpg

I hear what your saying about the stock but i quite like the beech and have a feeling it may get darker over time

next time a walnut stain may be in order, as for the gas ram I did debate it but in the end decided to keep as stock,just to see how it performs more than anything

thanks for the comments

atb Jim

Looks good. I've still got my old mark 1 Vulcan that I had new in 1979. Got it from John topliss at hucknall, it was £46.

I also still got my Mk 1 Vulcan too,my little brother had it for a few years and abused it a bit resulting in the both sights missing but I fitted a scope to it last week and serviced it and it stlill shoots very well,also got my Mk 1 BSA Meteor from Xmas 1975,it's all there and again working fine,barrel a bit pitted on the outside but mechanically sound.