Novice lycaster

brooktrout

After many years of spinning, worming,and dapping for trout I recently tried my hand at flycasting. What an absorbing sport this is. After spending a couple of weeks thrashing a rod around, and almost dislocating my right arm, ive eventually realised that the effort to cast a decent fly involves almost no physical effort at all. and that the "job satisfaction" is tremendous. I realise that the best way to learn is under instruction from an expert, but ther is something to be said for learning it through your own mistakes. Some excellent instructional websites out there also. Anyone else out there learning the rudiments?, or advice from seasoned flycasters would be greatly apreciated.

Its great to hear,you've taken up real fishing. ;)

It's a great hobby,as well as a sourse of fresh fish and a talking point at the pub :beer:,where we would all rather be,if the truth be told.

It wont be long till you are tying your own flies,and really annoying the other half,

with feathers and tinsel all over the house.

• 3 weeks later...