new to rabbit shooting need permission

bradwatton

You would need to have insurance to start with, join BASC, then ring the secretary. Explain that you have become aware of a rabbit issue on the course, do they have pest control in place, if so is it free. If not then thats your opening, try and arrange a meeting with the secretary to discuss. Make sure you look smart, wear a collar and tie and take written confirmation of your insurance, BASC will provide this.

Good luck.

A

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:hmm:

Shotguns :good:

The smell, the feeling, the experience etc & the types of targets are far more entertaining for me.

All target rifle shooting, air, rim, centrefire is about control, discipline, repeatability and while some of that is true for shotguns the fact you shoot a moving target i prefer. Also [uts a much bigger grin on my face when i hit one and a deeper frown when i miss and thats it you hit or miss....

Hi Brad, rifle shooting and shotgun shoting are very different disciplines. I'd try both if I were you. It isn't easy to become proficient at either, it takes time and a lot of practice; and, just when you think you've got it mastered, you will fall flat on your face...at least I do after 30+ years. Have fun, stick at it and you'll be ok. Try and find some local game shoots to beat on during the season. If you live in the country, joining the local youg farmers club wouldn't be a bad idea - I'm not involved with farming, but I still shoot over a lot of ground owned by people I met through yfc...plus there is a good social side to it as well.

Thanks and no sadly I don't live I'n the country so it would be to far to join a club like that and just my luck my friend with the shotgun has stopped shooting! I'm gonna try some clays and try some ranges see which I prefer, just wondering (to improve my chance off hitting a target) whats the law on machine guns? :P

• 2 weeks later...

hi all i cant spell to save my life and i have 10 permisions well over a 1000 aches so it dont matter about spelling go along and talk to the farmers you will find they cant spell as well lol

I'm not surprised you have a 1000 aches, what with ten perms' and all..... :blink: :D