caught speeding

mikky

Its always worth checking that the correct signing is in place 40/30 repeaters and the mandatory camera sign. If they are not there, your son may be correct - in which case any prosecution for speeding could be withdrawn, if there is a fault and you point it out.

went to the scene of the crime tonight...all signs in place..no excuses..got the ticket this morning...39mph

mikky

Was told by my local firearms officer when i got my SGL to keep to the speed limit as some forces were going to decline to renew license applications if a person had more than one speeding offence. Apparently some Chief Constables think people who repeatedly speed have no respected for the law. Is this true?

Was told by my local firearms officer when i got my SGL to keep to the speed limit as some forces were going to decline to renew license applications if a person had more than one speeding offence. Apparently some Chief Constables think people who repeatedly speed have no respected for the law. Is this true?

I hear both Kent & Susse do that but people say lots of things.

I don't know of any set limits, but people certainly can have difficulties when they've gathered a few points. I know someone who was having questions asked because he'd got 9 points, he lost some then immediately gained some more. He couldn't see why the police were bothered, but it is showing a disregard for the law, so it's understandable to therefore think that person might have the same regard for laws relating to firearms.

39 in a 30, dont think hed be offered the course at that, thats bearly 30% over. I got revoked couple of years back and have a speeding conviction too and Lincs said motoring convictions don't count but put them down, he said nothing more of them, so didn't affect my application

Only drivers caught doing less than 10% over the limit + 9mph.will be offered the course

from the uk/gov web page

as he was doing 39 in a 30 zone does it mean he might be offered the course..is it 10 per cent of 30 mph ie 3mph plus the 9mph which would be a limit of 42mph to get on the course

mikky

Edited by mikky

No..I've had 36 points and 3 bans..Didnt loose my SGC...actually got my FAC whilst banned...

Edited by smig4373

Only drivers caught doing less than 10% over the limit + 9mph.will be offered the course

from the uk/gov web page

as he was doing 39 in a 30 zone does it mean he might be offered the course..is it 10 per cent of 30 mph ie 3mph plus the 9mph which would be a limit of 42mph to get on the course

mikky

reading the info that came with mine they offer the course for 35 - 42mph in a 30mph zone

Just driving back in the rain coming out of a village and there was a speed van on the verge, sure I was doing just over 35, slowed down to 25 but the back window on the van was closed - does it need to be open to be operational?

Will let you know what happens - bit worried total clean licence for 45 yrs.

• 2 weeks later...