Hatsan 3" semi Camo 28"

The Pest Expert

Hello all i have just bought the gun above ^ and should be picking it up tomorro morning is it worth just getting the gun shop to give it a once over to make sure all is ok? its the first semi auto i will own what do you clean them with and what oil will i need?

Thanks all the best

No offence to the user i bought this off

Edited by The Pest Expert

There isn't much to check really. Make sure the choke is tight (keep an eye on it while it's in use until you're used to it, if they work loose it can be disastrous).

Make sure everything moves freely and fits together properly, there isn't much to know about them really. If you can get the seller to show you how to strip it down that will make life easier if you're new to them.

They're fairly simple things.

As to cleaning, take off and clean the barrel and remove all the mechanism, spring etc and just give it a wipe down (a bit of WD40 helps shift the grime), then wipe it over with a lightly oiled cloth (3 in 1 oil is fine). Opinions differ here, too much oil and muck will stick causing it to become unreliable and jam, but best not to run them with no lubrication either.

Remember how it all came apart and put it back together, job done. Enjoy shooting (and ignore all the Hatsan haters, they've usually never even owned one).

I had a hatsan and just gave it a good once over with a oily rag...I used Napier oil on it I remember a YouTube piece that was on sporting videos that a guy did on here...really good vid and well worth watching showed how to stop down the hatsan and cleaning it, im on my iPhone so can't really look for it but will have a look when I get back in the office...

Rich.

I had a hatsan and just gave it a good once over with a oily rag...I used Napier oil on it I remember a YouTube piece that was on sporting videos that a guy did on here...really good vid and well worth watching showed how to stop down the hatsan and cleaning it, im on my iPhone so can't really look for it but will have a look when I get back in the office...

Rich.

I think semi auto lee did a vid.

Try a search for that. :good:

Make sure the choke is tight (keep an eye on it while it's in use until you're used to it, if they work loose it can be disastrous).

Sorry to hijack, but this is happening with my Beretta Xtrema. I bought some 'hunting' extended chokes, which seem to pattern very well and I'm very happy with them. However, I do have to keep checking them and from time to time I will find that between a few shots it has loosened up a bit.

What's the score? any remedies beyond superglue?! :rolleyes:

Snipe

I give mine a pull through with the bore snake and check the barrel by eye then a quick wipe over with a very lightly oiled cloth after each shoot, I only take off the barrel, piston and O-Ring for this. Then smear a tiny bit of silicone grease on the O-Ring (just enough to coat it lightly) and jobs done in 5 minutes.

About 2 or 3 times a year I do the full strip (trigger mech etc.) spray it with Gun Scrubber, wipe clean, brush out anything left and then spray with CLP and some Hoppes #9 on a patch down the barrel, total of 15mins at a push.

Edited by phaedra1106

Sorry to hijack, but this is happening with my Beretta Xtrema. I bought some 'hunting' extended chokes, which seem to pattern very well and I'm very happy with them. However, I do have to keep checking them and from time to time I will find that between a few shots it has loosened up a bit.

What's the score? any remedies beyond superglue?! :rolleyes:

Snipe

Linseed oil is meant to be very effective, it sticks them without overdoing it and making them unmovable. I understand there are some types of grease available for it too, but linseed oil is tacky and does the job.

I got one of these about 8 weeks ago and was wondering if i had done the right thing and so far so good i would recomend them, i think they have had some bad press in the past but i love mine. ive tried 28-7s,24-8s,34-4s and 30-6s in itso far and they all cycle fine although it's early days i think the bereta is going to spend alot longer in the cabinet.

Linseed oil is meant to be very effective, it sticks them without overdoing it and making them unmovable. I understand there are some types of grease available for it too, but linseed oil is tacky and does the job.

Thanks a lot :good:

Snipe.

Got the gun this morning it hasnt been cleaned before sending so gave it a big clean and thought i might aswel follow semiautolee on youtube to not ruin it and luckily i took out all the trigger and it was a complete mess but all back together and spotless now off out tomorro so will let you no if i have any problems thanks again for the replys and cheers snipe for stealing my topic ;)

Edited by The Pest Expert