03-04 Mondeo TDCI

-Mongrel-

I need an estate car that does decent MPG, will take the dogs at the weekend and my tools during the week.

The Mondeo seems to fit the bill and I have found one BUT it is high mileage...very. It is also cheap, he wants £700, so I anticipate getting it for maybe 600. I'm thinking that at this price it may be worth a punt and run it until it stops. At this money it is almost a case of get a year out of it and anymore's a bonus!

It has full service history and has spent it's life doing airport runs, so lots of motorway miles, but it does seem to run sweetly.

So, anyone had any experience of them?

Edited by -Mongrel-

hi mate i have had a 2001 tddi 115hp good on diesel bad on bottom end of torque no problems , then i got a 53 reg tdci 130 hp ghia x estate different motor all together loads of bottom end of torque no problems, next one 130 bh ghia salon, had to replace the air con pump and rear wheel bearing , had it written of it saved my wife from any serious injury due to the safety features ie side and curtain airbags, replaced with my current 155hp titanium x estate had it over 2 years now no problems, in my opinion they are good cars for the money the 130bh are very good on fuel no matter how hard i drove them always got 50 miles to the gallon