Why do people blow down the barrels of an O/U.

Bloggs

do yo know , thats a good question .

i do it occasionally when clayshooting , but never have the time when on the back of the truck lamping . if ever there was a time for a blockage it would be at night when throwing carts in quickly .

its as said before , a habbit .

adi

I've got a mate who licks his thumb and damps the end bead before each pair of clays*

I think he probably saw that black and white film about the American turkey shot who joins the army as a sniper 'cause it worked for him - that's Hollywood for you ;)

It wouldn't be so amusing if he hit some of them but all he seems to be working on is a haze of spit around the stand a rusty barrel ends...

*Name withheld to save the poor soul from further suffering :oops:

Stick your gun up some ones back side.... and as you do it ask them to trump........ it clears the barrels faster.... try doing it to a person you don't know as well by surprise! That will guarantee them to trump...

Disclaimer. No liability accepted for some one following through and coursing a blockage.....so carry a bag and a stick with you if this happens....

Next tip of the day... tomorrow

Edited by chady

Stick your gun up some ones back side.... and as you do it ask them to trump........ it clears the barrels faster.... try doing it to a person you don't know as well by surprise! That will guarantee them to trump...

Disclaimer. No liability accepted for some one following through and coursing a blockage.....so carry a bag and a stick with you if this happens....

Next tip of the day... tomorrow

:lol: nice one !

As a semi shooter I thought blowing down barrel was sign of a poof - but having got myself a O/U trap gun I found myself doing same thing so now I know it's not a poof thing but sign of a good shooter -except perhaps Salopian. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Dave

Year ago, we had Starshot on the Welsh channel S4C. Competitors were seen to be blowing the smoke out of their barrels.

Soon after, in our local clay shooting club, I noticed many shooters doing the same. Some times, there were so many doing it, it sounded like Peruvian bloody Pan Pipes! :)