E-commerce

Guinea Fowl

Hi guys.

I know there is some folk on here with online shops etc, so thought I'll see what's popular

I need to create a new online-store as the current one is total rubbish. But not sure what sort of shopping cart to go for.

I had a look at some of the carts thats available on Joomla, however I like the simplicity etc of say Volution or Magento although a bit costly.

So who uses what? I want something modern, relatively easy to use as I am no expert in code... It will need to handle 5000 + products.

Any ideas would be welcome.

Cheers.

Edited by Guinea Fowl

We use either Xcart of Magento for our main stores. Both are fine for stores with large product numbers and variants.

Although both options are cheap initially in order to get them to work the way you want/need, be prepared to code yourself or pay for addons. We have spent ages coding checkouts, mobile apps and product configurator modules to make shopping easier for our customers.

Our main business has been online only for 12 years now and we have managed to avoid eBay. You can send me a PM if you have any more questions.