Two Night vision sights

NV foxer

Hi all,was out last night having a look through a new shooting mates N550 digi NV sight with doubler and using a quantum firefly IR. To say i was impressed would be an understatment! A great unit that,for NV,doesn't cost the earth! We then had alook through my NV at which point my new mate said he could see some rabbits at the far corner of the field.I took over the rifle and found the rabbits. We then put the lamp on the rabbits and i ranged them at 435 yads. I then dialed the drop into the scope. There didn't seem to be any wind as far as i could tell,so i put the cross hair on the rabbit (which covered it) and took the shot. Half a second later there was a telltale thwump! As you would expect,i was over the moon!

Hi all,was out last night having a look through a new shooting mates N550 digi NV sight with doubler and using a quantum firefly IR. To say i was impressed would be an understatment! A great unit that,for NV,doesn't cost the earth! We then had alook through my NV at which point my new mate said he could see some rabbits at the far corner of the field.I took over the rifle and found the rabbits. We then put the lamp on the rabbits and i ranged them at 435 yads. I then dialed the drop into the scope. There didn't seem to be any wind as far as i could tell,so i put the cross hair on the rabbit (which covered it) and took the shot. Half a second later there was a telltale thwump! As you would expect,i was over the moon!

What night vision are you using as a rabbit as that distance would be very small target for most nv scopes.

Don't know where the pictures went but impressive,I would love to have the ability to shoot a rabbit @435yds in the best of daylight conditions:never mind with NV.A brilliant future on Youtube beckons if you record it.

Hello there drut. New to computers so still working out how to do things,ditto the forum. Have been shooting rifles of one sort or other from the age of seven or eight so have done a bit! (now an old ***!)

What night vision are you using as a rabbit as that distance would be very small target for most nv scopes.

Hi luckyshot. I was using a starlight longbow which has a mag range of 2.5-10. I use it on 10X most of the time,and yes a rabbit is a small target at 435 yards! Plus,you do need the gods on your side for a shot like that!

Hi luckyshot. I was using a starlight longbow which has a mag range of 2.5-10. I use it on 10X most of the time,and yes a rabbit is a small target at 435 yards! Plus,you do need the gods on your side for a shot like that!

Never looked through a longbow but I do have a starlight archer and I know I couldnt even see a rabbit that far on 30x mag so the longbow must be very good.

I use a gen 3 Envis and the PVS-14 behind a IRO 6-24X50 Scope both much better than the starlight longbow and i could not recognize a rabbit from a hare at that distance let alone shoot it, i have been using top end NV for many years and have viewed most NV thats worth viewing so think you have you distance wrong, i am not one to knock anyones abilities and are willing to apologise if wrong, where are you as i would be willing to travel to witness your shot at a rabbit size target at 435yards .

Never looked through a longbow but I do have a starlight archer and I know I couldnt even see a rabbit that far on 30x mag so the longbow must be very good.

Know it sounds far fetched but there were three others who saw it all happen.It is a good NV scope but you need the right background at that range.I've struggled to see a fox at no more than a 100 yards in rough grass,stingers etc,just as you do with a lamp sometimes.

sub 12 ft/lb .22 :good:

:lol::lol::lol:

Know it sounds far fetched but there were three others who saw it all happen.It is a good NV scope but you need the right background at that range.I've struggled to see a fox at no more than a 100 yards in rough grass,stingers etc,just as you do with a lamp sometimes.

so you"v knocked off 3oo and odd yrds allready

and the on the first page :lol::lol::lol: dont do alot of nv but

has thay say that would be a hell of a shot in the day nevermind nv mode :o

I use a gen 3 Envis and the PVS-14 behind a IRO 6-24X50 Scope both much better than the starlight longbow and i could not recognize a rabbit from a hare at that distance let alone shoot it, i have been using top end NV for many years and have viewed most NV thats worth viewing so think you have you distance wrong, i am not one to knock anyones abilities and are willing to apologise if wrong, where are you as i would be willing to travel to witness your shot at a rabbit size target at 435yards .

Hi GP1.I seem to have caused a bit of a stir with my post! The range is correct.The rabbits were on a facing grass bank and i could see them moving about.My mate could see them with his N550,he even saw it flip over when it was hit. Not saying the longbow it the best NV out there but i could see the rabbit and that the background was safe.

Hi GP1.I seem to have caused a bit of a stir with my post! The range is correct.The rabbits were on a facing grass bank and i could see them moving about.My mate could see them with his N550,he even saw it flip over when it was hit. Not saying the longbow it the best NV out there but i could see the rabbit and that the background was safe.

I was half believing your story until you said your mate could see them with his N550 :lol: now I know either you need a new range finder or a new set of glasses. There is no way any N550 can see a rabbit at 400+ yards and I dont care how many people saw it I just dont belive you after that statement. :no:

The moon phase on the 24th was near zero, practically no moon at all, + the weather.

No mention of a IR Illuminator....in fact I doubt you would see any rabbits at all with out one..?

Which Longbow have you got.?

Your saying the longbow isn't the best NV but its one of the most expensive on the market and you are advertising on a public forum that this unit can see and identify a rabbit at over 400 yards and see it that good that you can shoot it, i'm having trouble believing your claims with the NV also you have not mentioned the rifle you used.

People read these forums for advise on what to buy and you are not helping with this sort of statement, i help a lot of people who wish to purchase NV and give the best advise possible, people like you give people the wrong impression on NV and what the capabilities are.