Benelli semi auto shoot

DSPUK

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just spent an hour in garage cleaning the auto -- loads of Solvol Autosol - shining like a new pin - lightly oiled and it's ready for Sunday -

Only thing I couldn't get right was tightning nut on end of stock - Hope by Sunday it's settled in. :yes: :yes:

Dave

SO! What did you think? Did you enjoy it? It was good to see so many of you off this site actually enjoying your shooting. Wouldn't it be good if we could have events with that atmosphere every time we shoot?

Congratulations to Ed Solomons for winning the Pool Shoot. I did comment that ten/twenty years ago we wouldn't have put our gun up to some of those targets, that Orange Looper was awesome. I found it particularly amusing watching the Over & Under Guys tackling the mysteries of Automatics, I think some of you would have found it easier to knit a Pullover than unload the third un-required shell. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Grateful thanks to GMK for sponsoring the events and Ebay for selling Benelli caps.

I thoroughly enjoyed it, great targets, great company and great atmosphere.

Although I shoot my Benelli a lot I still didn't know how to remove the unused shell before I left the stand, in fact yesterday was the first time I'd ever loaded more than 2!

Great day, looking forward to next year already.

PS Anyone know where the results are, I don't want to lose my winnings :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by Iggy

I enjoyed it, I'll definitely be up for that one next year :lol:

First time I've shot it, so I can't really comment on whether Hodnet was better or worse than West London, but I liked it :P

Thanks to Beretta for lending me his semi :o

Scores on our doors, out of 120 :

Azzurri - 93 :good:

Chard - 92 :rolleyes:

Canhitathing - 85 :D

Timps - 83 :good:

Anni - 81 :hmm:

Saw some other PWers there and I know a few of the scores were :

EdSolomons - 111 - Great shooting Ed, did you poke them out of the sky with your 45" barrels? :P

Ed won the pool shoot too, which was no mean feat, it was 'kin 'ard. :sly:

Emmsy - 104 :good: Great stuff. Looked like his barrel was wrapped in lead off the church roof :P

Claybuster - 98 :good: Good shooting Keef.

Maxus - 90 :good: Great shooting, 3rd in C Class.

DSPUK - 83 :D

Roman - 78 Hope I got you two the right way round this time :P

Saw Iggy too, but can't remember his score, looks like 72 from the score sheet :hmm:

Results are up already here

Edited by Chard

Looks like the Northern team are getting ready to reclaim the trophy back from the south with the scores :rolleyes::rolleyes:

If only I could shoot rabbits :blink: :blink: :no: and 3 of them on the same stand really did me head in, missed 5 of them also missed 4 on stand 11 & 3 on stand 8.

As always with Hodnet it was a great shoot nothing miles away just tricky combinations, I thought it may have been a little tougher than London but I would sooner shoot Hodnet anytime :good::good::good:

Shot most of it quite well, just a couple of stands really really badly, I am a bit aggressive with the auto as it’s just too light for me compared to my DT10, I go too far in front so then slow down and miss behind on the next shot.

I foresee a barrel weight addition or after reading PW going to see a good coach & buying a try gun to make sure it fits.

My other dumb decision was to come up with the idea of shoot it early so you can use your extra shot if you miss instead of shooting it where I normally would, that worked well as I missed with two shots instead of hitting it with the one when I shot it where I usually did. :/

A good shoot overall, I was expecting a few more 3 clay stands rather than the full use of gun on 2 but that’s just a minor gripe.

I had to unload one shooters gun because he did not realise he had inadvertently pressed the cut off button and he and his squad were stumped on how to get the cartridges out of the cartridge chamber. :oops:

Canthitathing has a new friend that will be attending shoots with him from now on as its the 3rd shoot in a row he has added his card up wrong.

Sesame-Street-the-Count-001.jpg

I was suprised that GMK cant get Benelli shotgun slips in and have been trying for 3 years now....... However there is light at the end of the tunnel in that thay said hopefully they should have some into the UK in about 3 months time ! So hopefully available at the MGF this year ! :good:

I was suprised that GMK cant get Benelli shotgun slips in and have been trying for 3 years now....... However there is light at the end of the tunnel in that thay said hopefully they should have some into the UK in about 3 months time ! So hopefully available at the MGF this year ! :good:

Your Benelli will fit into any other brand of gun slip - they're a pretty universal fit :good:

I thought it was a great shoot; target wise much better than WLSS, which was good but Hodnet had some much better combos and a few more that needed a bit of shooting. I think if they put on the 2 birds with full use, they should be 2 stormers so you actually might need a 3rd shot. But very impressed with the thing as a whole.

I missed 4 in a row on a pretty steady stand (7) then 3 rabbits on my last stand. Rest of it I managed ok but really missed not being able to spot shoot as I would have done on my gun on those 2 stands!

Amazed how many people struggled to work their guns properly- scary in a couple of cases!

Having shot a Semi almost from day I started shooting it is second nature to me loading and unloading -- I did cheat a bit as I asked my local shoot if I could load three - we have three pairs so it's three in gun shoot two - load another two - shoot two then load one - It just got me used to loading three and also what gun sounds and feel's like.

I have to say I was disappointed on my form yesterday - still had touch of man flu I think..

Dave

Having shot a couple of Benelli's at West London, this shoot didn't seem to have the same feeling to it.

Hodnet is the better ground for shooting English Sporting in my humble opinion, but I havn't come away thinking I have shot something diffrent. Which is what I enter the Benelli for.

It felt like a major comp like the English or British, which Hodnet is the perfect ground for. and I enjoy immensely

Maybe it's the space that a ground like WL have that I prefer, but I just didn't get the same Buzz...

Wonder where it will be next year....I'm all ready excited :P:yes::D

Shot most of it quite well, just a couple of stands really really badly, I am a bit aggressive with the auto as it’s just too light for me compared to my DT10, I go too far in front so then slow down and miss behind on the next shot.

I foresee a barrel weight addition or after reading PW going to see a good coach & buying a try gun to make sure it fits.

My other dumb decision was to come up with the idea of shoot it early so you can use your extra shot if you miss instead of shooting it where I normally would, that worked well as I missed with two shots instead of hitting it with the one when I shot it where I usually did. :/

A good shoot overall, I was expecting a few more 3 clay stands rather than the full use of gun on 2 but that’s just a minor gripe.

I had to unload one shooters gun because he did not realise he had inadvertently pressed the cut off button and he and his squad were stumped on how to get the cartridges out of the cartridge chamber. :oops:

Canthitathing has a new friend that will be attending shoots with him from now on as its the 3rd shoot in a row he has added his card up wrong.

Sesame-Street-the-Count-001.jpg

The last couple of times it's been one or two :rolleyes: . This time it was seven!! :blink: Think I forgot a stand or two :hmm:

After I run out of fingers I'm baffled :hmm: . Adding up is for nerds......fact :yes:

I thought it was a great shoot; target wise much better than WLSS, which was good but Hodnet had some much better combos and a few more that needed a bit of shooting. I think if they put on the 2 birds with full use, they should be 2 stormers so you actually might need a 3rd shot. But very impressed with the thing as a whole.

I missed 4 in a row on a pretty steady stand (7) then 3 rabbits on my last stand. Rest of it I managed ok but really missed not being able to spot shoot as I would have done on my gun on those 2 stands!

Amazed how many people struggled to work their guns properly- scary in a couple of cases!

Three of our motley crew managed to only load 2 cartridges :blink: Set of spacktards :yes:

Three of our motley crew managed to only load 2 cartridges :blink: Set of spacktards :yes:

Are you sure you know what the number 2 means?

Chard, Azzurri and I counting our scores.... Canthitathing doing his rendition of 'I'm a little tea pot' to try and impress the young girl then making up some numbers when we asked what he got..... <_<

48151_314292808646378_100001969842143_719620_1709801449_n.jpg

Edited by timps

Having shot a couple of Benelli's at West London, this shoot didn't seem to have the same feeling to it.

Hodnet is the better ground for shooting English Sporting in my humble opinion, but I havn't come away thinking I have shot something diffrent. Which is what I enter the Benelli for.

It felt like a major comp like the English or British, which Hodnet is the perfect ground for. and I enjoy immensely

Maybe it's the space that a ground like WL have that I prefer, but I just didn't get the same Buzz...

Wonder where it will be next year....I'm all ready excited :P:yes::D

I'd never knock Hodnet as I always enjoy my day there :good: But a few more stands with 'three in the air' would have made things better and created a real buzz...remember the trio of left to right simo crossers, that's what the Benelli Shoot should be about :yes::good:

Wherever it is next year i'll be going but next time with something I can nearly use :lol: :lol:

Azzurri

I'd never knock Hodnet as I always enjoy my day there :good: But a few more stands with 'three in the air' would have made things better and created a real buzz...remember the trio of left to right simo crossers, that's what the Benelli Shoot should be about :yes::good:

Wherever it is next year i'll be going but next time with something I can nearly use :lol: :lol:

Azzurri

Yeah, I'm not knocking them eiter. They know how to put a shoot on without a doubt.

But like you say, More "three in the air" or on the ground would have been more to my liking.

I need a new Auto aswell :hmm: . Mine was trying to load two carts at a time :hmm: .